2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

On 6/30/2019 at 5:44 PM, Zachv95 said:

Curious if anyone is running into the same issue and if they have any work around.

When completing the 215 step by step via the PDSM (downloading pre-filled from myPers, adding text boxes for comments and signature fields, etc.) I run into the problem when I sign it to route up to my Sq/CC it won’t let him edit the PDF to edit the comments I drafted for him since I signed it. The PDSM specifically states to not fill out a blank 215 from e-pubs but with that one, I don’t run into the issue. Next to having my Wg/CC sign it first after his edits then my Sq/CC then me, I’m not sure how to work around it. Anyone having the same problem/have solutions?

I ran into the same issue today and contacted the AFPC/DP2OR (people that receive the apps) to raise the issue. They said we can use and they will accept the AF215 on e-pubs version due to the limfacs of the Mypers AF215 version (locks and not able to edit after individual signs the form). Hope this helps!

Just trying to get an idea; I've been applying for Guard/Reserve UPT boards. Did 10 years AD enlisted and am with ANG right now (still enlisted). Is the AD UPT board process any different than building and submitting a package? Do I need to go through a recruiter? Trying to go through any options available to get into the cockpit, any info would be greatly appreciated!

On 6/30/2019 at 5:44 PM, Zachv95 said:

Curious if anyone is running into the same issue and if they have any work around.

When completing the 215 step by step via the PDSM (downloading pre-filled from myPers, adding text boxes for comments and signature fields, etc.) I run into the problem when I sign it to route up to my Sq/CC it won’t let him edit the PDF to edit the comments I drafted for him since I signed it. The PDSM specifically states to not fill out a blank 215 from e-pubs but with that one, I don’t run into the issue. Next to having my Wg/CC sign it first after his edits then my Sq/CC then me, I’m not sure how to work around it. Anyone having the same problem/have solutions?

I ran into the same issue today and contacted the AFPC/DP2OR (people that receive the apps) to raise the issue. They said we can use and they will accept the AF215 on e-pubs version due to the limfacs of the Mypers AF215 version (locks and not able to edit after individual signs the form). Hope this helps!

15 hours ago, Marty_McFly said:

Just trying to get an idea; I've been applying for Guard/Reserve UPT boards. Did 10 years AD enlisted and am with ANG right now (still enlisted). Is the AD UPT board process any different than building and submitting a package? Do I need to go through a recruiter? Trying to go through any options available to get into the cockpit, any info would be greatly appreciated!

Ya it’s a very different process... you have to already be a commissioned officer to apply to this board. All the paperwork that goes with it can be found on mypers.

Ya it’s a very different process... you have to already be a commissioned officer to apply to this board. All the paperwork that goes with it can be found on mypers.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out what info I can get from mypers. It'll be some time before I can login, off the top of your head, do you have an idea if/when they would do boards for civ/enlisted to apply for OTS and UPT?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Baseops Network mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps there could be the same amount or more this year? It may have taken much longer for some folks to get ETPs and waivers this time around. I'm hopeful that the process has smoothed out a bit since last year, and the November timeline sticks...

Edited by Patrick Bateman

On 7/18/2019 at 3:04 PM, Marty_McFly said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out what info I can get from mypers. It'll be some time before I can login, off the top of your head, do you have an idea if/when they would do boards for civ/enlisted to apply for OTS and UPT?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Baseops Network mobile app

I sent you a PM about this.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:45 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Perhaps there could be the same amount or more this year? It may have taken much longer for some folks to get ETPs and waivers this time around. I'm hopeful that the process has smoothed out a bit since last year, and the November timeline sticks...

Here's to it releasing in November...

• 4 weeks later...

Does everyone think that the Active Duty UPT and OTS boards will have more pilot slots this year than last? I know that more AD UPT were picked up last year than the AD OTS board (only 20 pilots selected). Just curious as I am applying to OTS and I know that AFROTC missed their pilot goal by 300 (told to me by an AFROTC officer who just PCS'd to my unit). I am just wondering what the chances are or if I will eventually be applying to the AD UPT board in a few years.

I can definitely relate to that. I’m a little on edge though because I have orders for my current career field with a RNLTD of 10 Dec. Trying to get any type of info I can to put my mind at ease because I don’t want to move twice.....

an early November release would be great!