F-16 down at March

Prozac

3 hours ago, brabus said:

Never met 4 Quarts at Luke?

Maybe, I’m one of the weird cases that went to Springfield and only went to Luke TDY at the most 2 weeks.  Not a lot of Luke experience other than dropping off our old jets for them to use.

Edited by matmacwc

4 hours ago, SocialD said:

Is Bobby G still teaching?

No idea, but I do think he still was at least somewhat recently based on younger guys knowing him.

Maybe, I’m one of the weird cases that went to Springfield and only went to Luke TDY at the most 2 weeks.

Makes sense, I don’t think anyone would know him unless they were a student or IP at Luke. 

Edited by brabus

Ejection over bearing sea, 2012 (japan to Alaska coronet). Handed off OSC to the 135 once we had done everything useful we could. They stayed overhead and did a handoff with another 135 that came from AK. Between the two crews they maintained OSC and coordinated with various assets to get our bro picked up. Weather was shit, so finding him was difficult...no doubt their efforts helped make a positive end to the story. 

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Nicely done.

Obviously nothing can match the fact you helped save a fellow pilot through solid action and teamwork, and I know that's all that matters to you.  

I'm curious what formal recognition you got from the AF for it, if any.  Air Medal?  Aircrew of Distinction in an ACC writeup?  Something?

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Upvote 1

Nothing...but that’s not why we do what we do (which of course I know you know that and aren’t implying otherwise). Of course the irony is not lost on me when some chief who hasn’t fought a second in his life gets a bronze star on his way out of CENTCOM. I had to argue directly to the one star wg/cc at BAF why the JTAC I wrote a MSM for deserves it...official recognition is broke and that was the day that cemented my decision to go Guard (certainly not the only reason, just the 1069th reason).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9