F-16 down at March

Prozac

Yeah, 114th has rhe alert det on the north side of the base.

Hydrazine will burn up quickly in a fire. But if no fire (and even if fire), it there is no life safety considerations or rescue needs, then the fire can be controlled from a distance until HAZMAT crews can safe the scene.

I told the story at an airshow party tonight, and will skip the details here.  All of the RUMINT I've received makes a lot of sense, though.  

Readers Digest:  When I saw it, my first milli-second impression was "that's pretty dumb to be shining your ass here, and that low".  

Apparently he ejected right before I was looking because I never saw the ejection.  

Saw the last ~5 seconds of flight.  No fireball, no fire. Just disappeared in to the warehouse in full AB.  

Edited by HuggyU2

Doesn't look like any sort of fire started.

That’s crazy, supposedly it was also on takeoff. You’d think it would be full of gas and would have burned at least a little bit. Lucky for those in the ground, I read 3 injured and one of those was serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

You’d think it would be full of gas and would have burned at least a little bit. 

You’d think. Often crashes with no fire = no gas. Wouldn’t be the first bubba to get airborne with less than expected for various reasons.