Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

Shazaam

18 hours ago, JeremiahWeed said:

Okay - just so we're clear........ In the story that includes 3 fire-breathing dragons, hatched inside a funeral pyre by a chick (inside the same fire) who rides said dragons, commands their actions, and also happens to be in love with a guy who was stabbed to death and brought back to life by another chick who births an assassin shadow to kill a rival king.............

You're drawing the line at BS windage?  😉

There's a thing in fiction called suspension of disbelief. Basically, tell us the rules of your world, and then follow them. In Game of Thrones, it's made clear early on that dragons and black magic exists. It was only recently made clear that the pirates had heat seeking scorpion bolts. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Stoker said:

It was only recently made clear that the pirates had heat seeking scorpion bolts. 

So.....maybe a multi-plane last ditch while the dragon holds its breath and shits a nice string of little 1000 degree turds might be appropriate IRCM?  If it can make it come out one end on command, why not the other?🤣

Edited by JeremiahWeed

On 5/16/2019 at 3:58 PM, Stoker said:

There's a thing in fiction called suspension of disbelief. Basically, tell us the rules of your world, and then follow them. In Game of Thrones, it's made clear early on that dragons and black magic exists. It was only recently made clear that the pirates had heat seeking scorpion bolts. 

That’s the crux of why fans are mad about this season’s writing. Even though the GOT world gives writers the ability to explain away physically impossible plot tools (the scorpions, fast traveling) using “magic”, they choose to ignore both physics and magic.

• Upvote 2

WTF did I just watch for 1 hr 20 mins?

When did Westeros become wheelchair accessible? Bran didn't want to be Lord of Winterfell because he is the three eyed raven. But he watches Westeros burn, could have stopped it, and now he is in charge.

Sansa the snitch. "Winterfell will always be free." "Bran can't father children." How do you know he can't father children Sansa? I won't be watching your movie Dark Phoenix. 

Edited by Shazaam
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Shazaam said:

WTF did I just watch for 1 hr 20 mins?

When did Westeros become wheelchair accessible? Bran didn't want to be Lord of Winterfell because he is the three eyed raven. But he watches Westeros burn, could have stopped it, and now he is in charge.

Sansa the snitch. "Winterfell will always be free." "Bran can't father children." How do you know he can't father children Sansa? I won't be watching your movie Dark Phoenix. 

There goes the “no spoilers” part of this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I like how DnD shoe-horned in Bronn into 3 episodes this season. Got a cumulative of like 4 minutes on screen and filled that time with priceless quips.

I hope DnD gets hit in the gonads with the collectors set of the books for their shit effort the last two seasons.

• 1 month later...

SPOILERS!

Finally watched it all. Jesus what a disappointment. The writers even admitted they just wanted to move on, but wow.

Jon being a Targaryen? Meaningless

Bran can see the past? Doesn't change a thing.

Sansa is cursed by terrible acting.

Arya had the best life of any of them, yet she's so damaged she has to sail off the end of the world? So much for family sticking together.

Jaime's redemption? Undone.

The White Walkers? Just monsters that kill people it turns out.

Dragons? Amazing at political commentary (burning the throne), but cool with genocide.

The smartest half-man in the realm? Turns into a naive fool, but also gets to pick the king.

The Lord of Light and the Prince who was Promised? Meh, just forget about that.

The Unsullied, Dothraki, and Northmen storming Kings Landing... Why? One dragon can do it all.

They basically shit the bed as soon as they ran out of books to follow.

• Upvote 2