TBAS

Yeeyee

I can’t really think of a reason you’d need it for the TBAS. I guess for the multi-tasking portion, but if you took the time to write down the items you have to (short-term) memorize, that would probably get you so behind that you’d bomb it anyway. You can’t tend to the other simultaneous tasks if you’re tied up writing things down (and subsequently looking at the things you wrote down).

Edited by mb1685

52 minutes ago, mb1685 said:

I can’t really think of a reason you’d need it for the TBAS. I guess for the multi-tasking portion, but if you took the time to write down the items you have to (short-term) memorize, that would probably get you so behind that you’d bomb it anyway. You can’t tend to the other simultaneous tasks if you’re tied up writing things down (and subsequently looking at the things you wrote down).

There's a YouTube video of doing the orientation test super easy using a piece of scratch. I can always ask the test proctor

There's a YouTube video of doing the orientation test super easy using a piece of scratch. I can always ask the test proctor

That’s the one part you can practice and prep for. Just make flash cards and memorize the answers.

I don’t know how much truth to it there was, but I was told that the speed with which you answer is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I said this in another thread but if you want a systematic approach just go around the circle naming the direction the parking lot is until you hit the one they want. For example if the uav is pointing southeast then you know the first square to the right is south and then go around saying west, north, east. The ones pointing the Cardinal directions should be easy enough without doing this. It's systematic and can usually be done before the timer starts. 

The picture pops up showing the parking lot they want you to click then it audibly tells you which one to click then the timer starts so you have about a full 2 seconds before the timer starts.

Edited by DifferentViper
More info
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SLeon_17 said:

Asked when I took it late last year and was told no scratch paper

Same. TBH the only thing I feel it could've been used for were the quick math questions, but they aren't that hard anyway