Airline hours?

KPPV1

52 minutes ago, MooseClub said:

UPT would be SIC (except the couple solo flights would be PIC). Simulator time doesn’t get included in your civilian totals, regardless of the type of sim used. For those purposes it’s no different than “other” time. Doesn’t count for anything. 

Pretty sure UPT time has to be logged as ‘dual received’ since the students aren’t rated yet. SIC would apply once complete with UPT and winged. 

Hours definitions for airline apps may not match exactly with FAA hours or USAF hours. For example, some airlines want you to include instructor time in with you PIC time, even though it's not "sign for the aircraft" time. Dual received is another weird one for airline apps-no place to really put it as dual.

Follow the instructions...

If you're just starting your logbook, just recommend annotating when you did it didn't sign for the aircraft.

UPT would be SIC (except the couple solo flights would be PIC). Simulator time doesn’t get included in your civilian totals, regardless of the type of sim used. For those purposes it’s no different than “other” time. Doesn’t count for anything. 

T-6 is dual received or PIC (for solo). Can’t claim SIC since it doesn’t require two pilots to fly.
T-1 is SIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bigred said:

Pretty sure UPT time has to be logged as ‘dual received’ since the students aren’t rated yet. SIC would apply once complete with UPT and winged. 

THIS OTHER LOGGING THREAD has some pretty good info. I linked to page 14, since it had some specific explanations of UPT time, but the whole thread is good. In a few other convos I've had, I'm of the understanding that if you have a PPL and an ASEL rating, you CAN log T6 time as PIC on flights you are the sole manipulator of the controls. It won't count as "sign for the plane" PIC time that some airlines are counting, but it does count as PIC since you are the sole manipulator.

YMMV and opinions seem to differ, but that's my take... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FDNYOldGuy said:

THIS OTHER LOGGING THREAD has some pretty good info. I linked to page 14, since it had some specific explanations of UPT time, but the whole thread is good. In a few other convos I've had, I'm of the understanding that if you have a PPL and an ASEL rating, you CAN log T6 time as PIC on flights you are the sole manipulator of the controls. It won't count as "sign for the plane" PIC time that some airlines are counting, but it does count as PIC since you are the sole manipulator.

YMMV and opinions seem to differ, but that's my take... 

You can only log PIC during UPT if you are solo.

This is in relation to airlines, which is the only reason you would need pic

Edited by LookieRookie

10 hours ago, Bigred said:

If you have your PPL then you are a pilot as far civilians are concerned, AF wings or not  

It gets weird with civilian time vs how we log. Throw in little differences between individual airlines and it gets confusing fast.  Just be able to justify how you calculated yours come interview time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 9:49 AM, Tank said:

As long as you have your ATP with 1500 hours, you’re competitive.  

The airlines currently are able to keep up with the retirements but that will soon change and they all know it.  

United, for example, is continuously adding new classes and they currently are having classes with 30-40 new hires in them.  

Unless something drastic happens, all pilots will have job security.  

I'm gettin ahead of myself as I'm waiting for UPT orders, not sure if I would want go airlines yet but it's nice to look into options. There's a lot between now and then of course.

But, out of curiosity, does the 750 hours mark mean nothing for the airlines? And you mention the amount of new hires being brought in. How long do you industry guys foresee the hiring going on for? Another 5 years, say? A lot can change in that time, I'm just trying to form an idea of what my future may look like as a future part time guard guy.