ANG is giving away 20k bonus to pilots/trainee’s

Sounds like I may get to be the guinea pig.  Do you have contact info for JFHQ?  DMing is fine if you'd rather.  I wouldn't even know where to start once I found a # to call... and I'm sure I would get the "That's not our job, let me transfer you to ###..."

Will vary from state to state. I know it if you’re in TN.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

26 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Whats the deal with this bonus bros? Is the above applicable for UPT bound ANG?

Is big blue dangling the carrot for real? or is it a dog and pony show for the higher ups to look like they are doing something before their Friday afternoon T time. 

Bonus is not for those going to UPT...and NGB cleared that up recently. Unfortunately for those who already applied and were given payment...they have to submit a waiver to not have the funds refunded back to DFAS

Edited by JustHangingOut
  • Like 2

Bonus is not for those going to UPT...and NGB cleared that up recently. Unfortunately for those who already applied and were given payment...they have to submit a waiver to not have the funds refunded back to DFAS
At least they get to keep it despite NGB's ambiguity.

11 minutes ago, Gazmo said:
43 minutes ago, JustHangingOut said:

At least they get to keep it despite NGB's ambiguity.

Yeah, until some GO bean counter figures out a way to get it back by getting DFAS to deduct debs from an LES. 

Edited by CharlieHotel47
spelling

On 8/8/2019 at 1:33 PM, herkbum said:

Will vary from state to state. I know it if you’re in TN.

Well now at least I know that there's a different one per state.  I ran the question up my chain and through my finance.  However, my finance can't even get my flight pay to show 10+ years/$1000... I got a whole $260 last month.  So we'll see how this goes.  

The way I understand it is that as long as I am downrange on the date I sign it, then it should be tax free?  At least assuming this follows the same rules as the AvB.  Anyone with experience actually getting this done?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Duck said:

Any update on the bonus and what the qualifications are to get it?

I have the actual paperwork at work, but it's something along the lines of UPT ADSC complete and less than 15 years of service.  So you have about a 3 year window to be eligible.  Also, you are non-eligible if you are a permanent AGR.  You have to be a part timer (but can take TAGR/ADOS/seasoning orders) to be eligible.  I think there was some language about if you pick up a PAGR position later, you aren't eligible for any more payments, but I don't think that will matter as it's one lump sum payment.  Don't quote me on any of this.

I just signed mine today... as for tax free, the legaleze reading seemed to be that the IRS only allows (re)enlistments when signed downrange to be tax free.  Apparently Officer accessions bonuses don't seem to count as an enlistment.  Oh well, i've fought the system for almost 14 years... I've had enough.  

1 hour ago, af15eflyguy said:

Also, you are non-eligible if you are a permanent AGR.  You have to be a part timer (but can take TAGR/ADOS/seasoning orders) to be eligible.  

Also:

if you take 1+year of ADOS orders (still a DSG) and sign the 1-year AvB, you are unable to sign the 4-year DSG bonus (as of Change 2). Dumb. 

• Like 1

Also:
if you take 1+year of ADOS orders (still a DSG) and sign the 1-year AvB, you are unable to sign the 4-year DSG bonus (as of Change 2). Dumb. 

Help me out here, new to the Guard game.

ADOS? AvB? Which one is a better bonus the 4 year DSG or AvB?

2 hours ago, Duck said:

ADOS is/used to be used for part time dudes (or technicians) looking to go sit ACA in a title 32 status. 

ANG AvB (Aviation Bonus) started a new tier last year that allowed DSGs who were on continuous 1-year sets of orders in support of ACA get a 15k bonus. You’re still technically a DSG (not an AGR, not a tech, but on 365 days of orders). 

The DSG bonus is for no-joke part time officers (though you can be on continuous orders for it as well). Only some AFSCs can get it (11*) can. It’s for four-years of being a DSG, 20k up front. 

I tried to max perform and sign the 1-year DSG AvB and the DSG bonus at/around the same time. Was denied (“no stairway?”) when Change 2 of the DSG bonus said AvB guys were ineligible.

cant tell you which one is better for you. You might be able to get both if you work it differently. DSG bonus has a TIS limitation where as to get the DSG AvB you just have to be done with your initial UPT commitment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, af15eflyguy said:

I have the actual paperwork at work, but it's something along the lines of UPT ADSC complete and less than 15 years of service.  So you have about a 3 year window to be eligible.  

...as long as you're not a prior-e/late rated guy.

9 hours ago, brabus said:

Good to hear the jelly of the month club came through. 

I was wrong yesterday, one of the the guys I thought was eligible is actually not able to get the bonus.  He was a CE officer in our wing before going to pilot training.  So exactly 1 of 39 pilots are currently eligible.  

7 hours ago, Duck said:

ADOS, as UPT-hopeful said, are the orders we use to put guys on alert.  There are other positions out there that are ADOS as well, I'm just not sure of what they are.  ADOS is unique in that it as a limit of days you can continuously be on the them (1095??).  After that I think you have to leave that orders status for a year, though you can go on other orders.  It's been a few years, so the details are hazy.  I'm probably missing a few but AGR/ADOS/ADSW/MPA/ST/AT/MEST are all various orders you may see in the ANG. 

Which is better depends upon the individual. IMHO, the DSG bonus would have been the best option, if they had actually opened it up to a vast majority of the part timers.  I don't think we have single pilot on the one year (25k) bonus.  The one year, 35k bonus would have been the most enticing, but the ANG decided they didn't need such a bonus.  Most guys seem to be opting for the 4 year, 35k bonus as a hedge against any changes.  You can curtail (subject to TAG approval...) if you desire to jump early, but you're at least locked in at 35k for 4 years, rather than taking 2 years and hoping they don't change the rules before you sign for an additional 2 years.  

• 2 months later...

Beware, this whole thing is a royal clusterfuck! I'm not smart on the details but a bunch of our pilots who signed are not going to get it (eligible) and a few have received it and are being forced to pay it back (also eligibles). Apparently NGB or whomever realized how this bonus made zero sense and now they are literally going  back on signed contracts that have paid out.

Wait a minute...pay in the ANG a clusterfuck?  Color me shocked! 🙄 I think I'm going to need the blood of a virgin to get my current pay situation unfucked.  Anyway, only one guy in my squadron was eligible and he hasn't receive his bonus yet (signed back in June).

Speaking of bonus, any word of the ANG getting the big bonus for one year orders?  It boggles the mind how we can't get a one year big bonus, yet the AFRC has no problem getting it.  

Edited by SocialD
autocorrect can suck it!

Wait a minute...pay in the ANG a cluster?  Color me shocked!  I think I'm going to need the blood of a virgin to get my current pay situation uned.  Anyway, only one guy in my squadron was eligible and he hasn't receive his bonus yet (signed back in June).
Speaking of bonus, any word of the ANG getting the big bonus for one year orders?  It boggles the mind how we can't get a one year big bonus, yet the AFRC has not problem getting it.  
Because we don't have a retention problem.... right?
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:09 PM, Kenny Powers said:

Beware, this whole thing is a royal cluster! I'm not smart on the details but a bunch of our pilots who signed are not going to get it (eligible) and a few have received it and are being forced to pay it back (also eligibles). Apparently NGB or whomever realized how this bonus made zero sense and now they are literally going  back on signed contracts that have paid out.

So, I'm guessing nothing like this has be announced for FY20?

I'm not sure where to look to find this. I haven't seen it, but an extra 20k accession bonus for time I'd be working anyway would be pretty nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone had success with this? I signed the paperwork back in September and haven’t seen a dime. I called AFPC Total Force Service Center and they weren’t helpful. Anyone know who else to call?

I put my paperwork in Sep and it was paid out in late Nov. I was the only guy eligible in my sq which was bullshit but whatever. While I was waiting to get paid out I asked a guy in my sq who just came back from a stat tour to ask the POC at NGB who is responsible for these bonuses to see if he could get any info but no luck. They just said to follow up with the base FSS POC that handles these bonuses which is the recruiter that processed my bonus paperwork. In the end I just waited 3 months until the recruiter called me back with news that the bonus would pay out 1 week later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Duck said:

Thanks guys. They finally got my paperwork done and it’s paying out this week. It was an absolute mess and the incompetence at my base was astounding.

Nice!  A buddy signed his last June and hadn't heard a peep.  He called over to personnel and they found out his had been canceled by NGB for some reason.  He was told he had to resubmit...so there's that.