ANG is giving away 20k bonus to pilots/trainee’s

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone provide clarification on whether the newest changes (additional AFSC that were added to the eligibility list) to this bonus apply for the whole FY19 or if eligibility for those newest additions are only eligible 01Jan19 and end at the end of the FY19?

My retention office is saying 92T is not included in the bonus? Anyone have any clarification? It seems some others are getting it.
If 92T's are included in this, NGB needs a serious lobotomy. Who in their right mind rushes for a pilot slot for the money?! Why would you target this demographic with a bonus?! Money was so far in the back of my mind when I was trying to get pilot slot. They need to target the 15-20 year group and with a hell of a lot more than $20k for a 4 year commitment. Give me $80k for a 4 year commitment and I'd possibly consider it. The 12-20 year people are the ones leaving. These are the AD separations and Palace Chasers. These are the ones looking at Cat E jobs. At IRR. At IMA jobs.... they don't get it.

If you look at the list of “Musts” that’s on the doc that JustHanginOut posted, it seems pretty clear 92T’s can’t be eligible. 

-Must have less than 15 years

-Must have more than 4 years total military service

-Not be fulfilling a service obligation other than 1) initial (ROTC, Academy, OTS) 2)Promotion 3)PME 4)Transfer of GI bill

Put me in check if that seems off. 

If you look at the list of “Musts” that’s on the doc that JustHanginOut posted, it seems pretty clear 92T’s can’t be eligible. 
-Must have less than 15 years
-Must have more than 4 years total military service
-Not be fulfilling a service obligation other than 1) initial (ROTC, Academy, OTS) 2)Promotion 3)PME 4)Transfer of GI bill
Put me in check if that seems off. 

The way I read it, you would need to be done with your 10 year UPT commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My unit has been lining guys up on a downrange trip first, then they go down and sign the paperwork. It sounds like that was worked out well so far. 

For some reason it just got turned off at my sq. Other units still getting the DSG bonus? I’m kinda pissed because I have less than a year of eligibility left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, nrodgsxr said:

For some reason it just got turned off at my sq. Other units still getting the DSG bonus? I’m kinda pissed because I have less than a year of eligibility left.

We've had a few sign the bonus, I'll ask at drill today if they've received the cash yet.  

• 3 weeks later...

I was told I needed to wait until I had completed the pipeline (while others at Altus were getting it), and now that I'm done they are saying NGB has halted the bonus. Does anyone have any info on why or for how long? 

8 minutes ago, BLT135 said:

I was told I needed to wait until I had completed the pipeline (while others at Altus were getting it), and now that I'm done they are saying NGB has halted the bonus. Does anyone have any info on why or for how long? 

I have not heard them halting the bonus. i hope this is not true as i've been have trying to get my records all corrected (After NGB messed them up...go figure) to submit my packet. My recruiter that is managing this did tell me i can apply during training.

Multiple people have received phone calls saying the bonus was on hold because they were reviewing the eligibility requirements. They were told they may or may not receive it.

Reminds me of the money on a string prank. Great job, NGB.

NGB:  Good news guys, we're giving out a part-timer bonus!

Pawns:  YAY!!!!  

NGB:  Ya, it's going to be totally awesome and will help retain our peeps...here you go.

Pawns:  (reviews eligibility requirement)....dude, like 3 people in our squadron are eligible, and they're not leaving anyway.

NGB:  ....

NGB:  Oh and btw, we need to review some things...

Pawns:  Opens up retirement donut of misery chart. 

NGB:  So here are our new requirements...

Pawns:  (reviews new requirements)...dude, now only 1 person is eligible.  Flips table!

We seriously only had 2 guys eligible in a squadron of ~40 pilots and neither of them have heard anything either way.  I really hope this is bad gouge, but no skin off my back, I was prior-E and not eligible anyway.  Well it's a gorgeous day here in Barcelona, time to meet the crew for beach/wine/tapas.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Ironically I just found out I am eligible for the $20k AFRC bonus (6 yr sign on) for being hired into an IMA position. Can't get the ANG bonus at 17 yrs of service, but can get the AFRC bonus by crossing over and going to 23. What is wrong with NGB? Are they that blind?

On 6/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, SocialD said:

We seriously only had 2 guys eligible in a squadron of ~40 pilots and neither of them have heard anything either way.  I really hope this is bad gouge

Same here, don’t think it’s bad gouge. NGB is simply fucking it away just as bad as AD. Looking forward to Barcelona trips in a few years, bye Felecia!

• Like 1

First post after probably a decade of not logging in...

Apparently I'm the 1 pilot in my squadron who's eligible.  I'm planning to stay ANG anyway, but my question is about signing it downrange.  If I sign the bonus in a CZTE area, do I get the $$ tax free, or do I have to be paid the $$ while downrange for it to be tax free?  I have the question in with finance, who's looking in to it, but I'm sure that means the answer is the standard Auto-No.  If anyone has any experience with this or knows how to find the legit answer, I'd appreciate the help.

a not so F15E fly guy anymore

35 minutes ago, herkbum said:

I asked this question of JFHQ a few months ago. Their belief was it would be tax-free. We did not have anyone press-to-test yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Sounds like I may get to be the guinea pig.  Do you have contact info for JFHQ?  DMing is fine if you'd rather.  I wouldn't even know where to start once I found a # to call... and I'm sure I would get the "That's not our job, let me transfer you to ###..."