2 Piece Flight Suits

alwyn2d

20 minutes ago, LookieRookie said:

You don't need to buy flight boots they will be issued 

I’m an older dude, AD nonrated Capt making the move to a jet... current unit has to pay for all my gear or so I’m told. 

Guess my question is whether I’ll look like a boner showing up with brown boots? 

Edited by Uptapplicant2019

25 minutes ago, rb1391 said:

Going to UPT soon as well and my guard unit is telling me that I have to buy my boots since I’m an officer. Any reference that contradicts this statement? 

AD, ANG, and AFRC guys all get issued 3 bags, 2 jackets, some other random stuff, and a pair of flight boots, on day 1 or 2, at least at the UPT base I’m at. I would spend exactly $0 dollars on boots for UPT. 

New 36-2903 just hit the streets. Brown boots now ok with green flight suit. Leather A2 jacket now ok with 2 piece ocp flight suit.  Now legal to sew Velcro to 2 piece flight suit for mandatory wings.  Patch location swapped for hhq and squadron patches.  All effective immediately. 

Edited by HU&W

1 hour ago, rb1391 said:

Going to UPT soon as well and my guard unit is telling me that I have to buy my boots since I’m an officer. Any reference that contradicts this statement? 

Say wha?  Been doing the Guard flying thing for well over a decade and have spent exactly $0.00 of my own money on uniforms/boots.  Either way, what other said below...you'll be issued boots when you show up UPT.

55 minutes ago, HU&W said:

New 36-2903 just hit the streets. Brown boots now ok with green flight suit. Leather A2 jacket now ok with 2 piece ocp flight suit.  Now legal to sew Velcro to 2 piece flight suit for mandatory wings.  Patch location swapped for hhq and squadron patches.  All effective immediately. 

Posted elsewhere but I wouldn't say the A2 jacket w/ OCPs is not ok.  It's a visual assault.

I can't wait to see what coyote and green bags looks like #marinecorps?

Edited by AFsock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AFsock said:

Posted elsewhere but I wouldn't say the A2 jacket w/ OCPs is not ok.  It's a visual assault.

I can't wait to see what coyote and green bags looks like #marinecorps?

I thought it was a little weird when we went from black boots to tan boots with bags in the army. Got used to it fairly quickly though. And the coyote brown is a little better with a bag than the tan. When I first saw green boots in the AF I thought they were odd looking as hell, but got used to that too. 

• Upvote 1

Sunglasses: Conservative, clear, slightly tinted, mirrored or photosensitive lenses are authorized.

Ribbons: All or some ribbons and devices will be worn on the men’s service dress uniform. 

Sleeve rolling: The FDU/DFDU will have sleeves worn down, cuffed, or tucked under at the wrist when performing aircrew duties in-flight. Sleeves may be rolled under or pulled up if not performing in-flight duties; if rolled under or pulled up (using velcro to hold in place), the sleeves will end at, or within 1 inch of, the natural bend in the elbow, when the wearer’s arms are hanging naturally at their side.

You guys do know this is all about contracts and the corporate machine that runs our military. It has nothing to do with what actually makes sense or fitting the needs of the war fighter. It's about money. Someone is making money. The AFI's get adjusted accordingly.

34 minutes ago, Gazmo said:

You guys do know this is all about contracts and the corporate machine that runs our military. It has nothing to do with what actually makes sense or fitting the needs of the war fighter. It's about money. Someone is making money. The AFI's get adjusted accordingly.

My favorite part about the Army “developing” the OCP pattern is how they took it from the copyrighted Multicam design so they wouldn’t have to pay more, but they’re the government so they do what they want. 

Edited by Hawg15

2 minutes ago, Hawg15 said:

My favorite part about the Army “developing” the OCP pattern is how they stole it from the copyrighted Multicam design, but they’re the government so they do what they want. 

People might call the Marines jarheads, but those SOBs are pretty smart. How in the hell did they patent their uniform and tell everyone else to go kick rocks if you try to use it? They got the uniform right the first time and I'm 100% confident their uniforms can take a beating in the Europe or Asia.

55 minutes ago, Shazaam said:

People might call the Marines jarheads, but those SOBs are pretty smart. How in the hell did they patent their uniform and tell everyone else to go kick rocks if you try to use it? They got the uniform right the first time and I'm 100% confident their uniforms can take a beating in the Europe or Asia.

You mean stealing CADPAT from the Canadians?

image.png.1758dee8a9ca388278c9a0a79c977a10.png

10 hours ago, LiquidSky said:

B) If I'm reading it right it's not only allowed but mandatory by Apr 2021. Green boots won't be authorized with the green bag after that. 

True. Sage green boots will go down in history as a short lived oddity. Too bad. My Nikes were just getting comfy.