2 Piece Flight Suits

alwyn2d

On 4/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, Shazaam said:

I hate to get all conspiracist on this, but the article quoted only a female program manager and a female pilot, both of whom are claiming bathroom issues with the bag. This is the PC spear that will be used to kill the bag if we don’t point to real problems like what matmacwc brings up:

11 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

Is there a belt on the 2 piece flight suit?  If so, fuck that and a g-suit.

Along with buttons, baggy pockets, drawstrings, and whatever suspender setup the 2-piece flight suit program office wants to spend millions on.

My baseless suspicion is the same as it’s always been: Chiefs and non-flyers are behind this push for no other reason than jealousy and lack of control over pilots.

• Upvote 2

Wow. It’s not about can they do the job as is, it’s about how can we change the job to make it better for the females instead of meet the mission. And for what? Why is it such a big deal that the arms of the flight suit need to be tied around their legs just like a man when sitting to use the bathroom? Any dudes complaining?

Waste of time and money. I blame fingers. I hope they aren’t making this mandatory.

38 minutes ago, FLEA said:

I'm complaining. Seriously. One wrong twist of the sleeve in the Cadillac and your whole ing night is ruined. I really can't see the animosity over this. Who the gets this worked up over clothes? 

Probably the people who wear G-suits for a living. If you have issues dropping your sleeves on the Cadillac floors, that’s on you

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shazaam said:

So you get butt @$$ naked in the $hitter just to go #2? Red is that you?

Hell yeah. If you get naked you can shit facing backwards and have a convenient little shelf to hold your snacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FLEA said:

I'm complaining. Seriously. One wrong twist of the sleeve in the Cadillac and your whole ing night is ruined. I really can't see the animosity over this. Who the gets this worked up over clothes? 

People who spend 8-24 hours in the ejection seat of fighter/bomber, already wearing a bunch of additional shit, that can’t get up and take some laps around their aircraft anytime they’re uncomfortable and need some adjusting. 

It a big enough pain in the ass to get the g-suit on with a bag, I don’t see it working with baggy regular pants. Plus all that additional stuff on them would make it painful. Made the mistake of flying with my keys under the g-suit once, only once. 

The only true benefit I’ve seen with the two piece is when I’m in the helo and I have to wear hard and soft body armor with full kit. The ‘combat shirt’ makes that exceedingly more comfortable. Otherwise it’s really not needed.

• Upvote 2

People who spend 8-24 hours in the ejection seat of fighter/bomber, already wearing a bunch of additional shit, that can’t get up and take some laps around their aircraft anytime they’re uncomfortable and need some adjusting. 
It a big enough pain in the ass to get the g-suit on with a bag, I don’t see it working with baggy regular pants. Plus all that additional stuff on them would make it painful. Made the mistake of flying with my keys under the g-suit once, only once. 

I don’t know why big Air Force has to make this so difficult.

Make 2 piece an option for non ejection seat personnel. It’s really that simple.

I wouldn’t want to deal with all that bullshit in an ejection seat.
My only experience is in the Tweet, and dealing with the shirt twisting around on you under the chute would be maddening. Poopy suit? G-suit? Forget it. I would imagine that would be ridiculous.

We don’t make everybody wear a parka every day just because it’s cold in North Dakota. It’s the same damn thing. Mission requirements dictate.

It’s f-Ing hot and you are a tanker guy? Wear the two piece.

Strapping into a B-1 for a 24 hour mission? Wear the one piece.

It’s a beautiful day and you’re going to an airshow? Wear the one piece, throw your squadron tee shirt and your fake name tag on and have a ball.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve said it before in another uniform thread, and it was kinda said above. Give people a option. It’s not that big of deal. Different strokes for different folks. Little cold outside and want to rock your A2? Bag it up. Pulling 9g and don’t want a G suit pressing a zipper in your leg? Bag it. Stationed in the south in the summer or deployed with shitty a/c in your work building, 2 piece it up and take off the top.  

Much like ground dudes (especially the special operators) choose their kit, there is no real reason we shouldn’t choose what works best for us to preform our professional duties. 

• Like 1

I tried the OCP on today for $hits and giggles because I've got a deployment to a hot place coming up and the unit is going to pay for them. I am also trying to grab an IMA job sooner than later and I figured that maybe an OCP will be okay to wear around the office if they don't want me wearing a bag. Who knows? What's another few uniforms I don't use stuffed in a box in my attic?

After trying them on I am not impressed. They don't fit well and I feel they need to be tailored, which I refuse to do to a utility uniform. I do like the flight jacket though.

1 hour ago, Gazmo said:

I tried the OCP on today for $hits and giggles because I've got a deployment to a hot place coming up and the unit is going to pay for them. I am also trying to grab an IMA job sooner than later and I figured that maybe an OCP will be okay to wear around the office if they don't want me wearing a bag. Who knows? What's another few uniforms I don't use stuffed in a box in my attic?

After trying them on I am not impressed. They don't fit well and I feel they need to be tailored, which I refuse to do to a utility uniform. I do like the flight jacket though.

Which brand did you get? I’ve been issued 4 different brands in the last year and they all have different a different pocket layout, texture, fit etc.

stretchy crotch/knee area pant design + combat shirt has been my favorite so far. 

1 hour ago, Gazmo said:

Like a new green bag, they need to be broken in properly. I’m not a huge fan of the regular top, pen pockets suck for pushing up sleeves. MASSIF combat shirts are money though.  Once the bottoms get broken in and soft they feel like a cozy pair of light sweat pants. I love the MASSIF winter jackets. They break the wind and are comfy in a wide range of temps. 

• Upvote 1

Like a new green bag, they need to be broken in properly. I’m not a huge fan of the regular top, pen pockets suck for pushing up sleeves. MASSIF combat shirts are money though.  Once the bottoms get broken in and soft they feel like a cozy pair of light sweat pants. I love the MASSIF winter jackets. They break the wind and are comfy in a wide range of temps. 
Hmmm.. i dunno. I guess I need to be schooled on all the different kinds and what is authorized. Not sure what I tried on. I believe the jacket was MASSIF and I saw MASSIF pants, but didnt tey those. Are they authorized for flight?

18 minutes ago, Gazmo said:
31 minutes ago, viper154 said:

Hmmm.. i dunno. I guess I need to be schooled on all the different kinds and what is authorized. Not sure what I tried on. I believe the jacket was MASSIF and I saw MASSIF pants, but didnt tey those. Are they authorized for flight?

The winter jackets and pants are. They have a two piece flight suit as well. Last I checked Wright Pat was working to approve the flight suit for flight but that was a year + ago. Biggest issue is the price. The jackets are $550 a pop, the regular issue 2 pieces are $300, MASSIF flight suit is $500. I think they are worth it but my unit bought it for us. 

All this talk gave me an idea to make a shitty meme. So here you go, I propose, the 3-Piece Flight Suit. As a side note, it comes with a nice inner liner pocket for holding stack wads of money. 

image.png.2e83a8658d59d2e62710fabdd036df03.png
And even if you hate the suit, if you sit short-call reserve, you may only wear it 5-8 days a month (or less).

45 minutes ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Hijacking the thread a bit, saw an email come down from Goldfingers today saying we can start wearing the coyote brown boots and shirts w the traditional green bag. 

Seems like that will look really stupid, but I’m heading to upt In 3 weeks and need to buy flight boots... 

You don't need to buy flight boots they will be issued 

5 minutes ago, LookieRookie said:

You don't need to buy flight boots they will be issued 

Going to UPT soon as well and my guard unit is telling me that I have to buy my boots since I’m an officer. Any reference that contradicts this statement?