2 Piece Flight Suits

alwyn2d

Attended the Travis AFB Thunderbird Airshow last weekend. I couldn't help but notice the wearing of 2 piece flight suits by more than a few AF crew members. Is the one piece flight suit being phased out? Which units are authorized in wearing the 2 piece? Is it optional or required?

What are your feelings on the wearing of the 2 piece? I assume it's more functional but less appealing to me. I guess the AF is returning to its Army roots, with the OCPs and 2 piece flight suits.

By the way, the female Thunderbird pilot's weekend performance was the best in the group while putting on her makeup in flight.

• Downvote 3

7 hours ago, alwyn2d said:

By the way, the female Thunderbird pilot's weekend performance was the best in the group while putting on her makeup in flight.

The inverted opposing scissor edge maneuver is always a crowd favorite.

I couldn't help but notice the wearing of 2 piece flight suits by more than a few AF crew members. Is the one piece flight suit being phased out?

2 piece wear is not that new. I’ve been wearing mine daily for years. Pretty much all of the non-ejection seat types can wear them with the new 36-2903 rewrite.

And no, the bag is not going anywhere.

14 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

T-6? It would make sense since most of the IPs are MAF dudes.

14 hours ago, war007afa said:

My money is a “B-something”. If you can get up and move around the aircraft, I’m going to speculate a higher chance you can wear a 2-piece bag. 

I'm sure the entire Fighter/Bomber Directorate is being told to evaluate it. 

I can't speak to trainers, but yes, that reasoning would make sense, since the MAF pilots would theoretically PCS in without bags.

• 2 weeks later...

Air Force Experimenting with Two-Piece Flight Suits for Pilots, Aircrew

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/04/19/air-force-experimenting-two-piece-flight-suits-pilots-aircrew.html

We don't need you to experiment with flight suits. Pilots are not telling you to fix our flight suits in order to keep us from walking. 

Focus on quality of life, pay, housing, and the next adversary. People act like there isn't more important $&#t to focus on then uniforms. 

When things get tough, switch the uniform. Standard Air Force thinking.

Edited by Shazaam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Shazaam said:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/04/19/air-force-experimenting-two-piece-flight-suits-pilots-aircrew.html

We don't need you to experiment with flight suits. Pilots are not telling you to fix our flight suits in order to keep us from walking. 

Focus on quality of life, pay, housing, and the next adversary. People act like there isn't more important $&#t to focus on then uniforms. 

They are focusing on uniforms because that is the only thing they understand 

• Upvote 3

On 4/20/2019 at 2:49 PM, Shazaam said:

I’ve worn literally every flavor of flight suit from the original Army two piece of early Iraq, high speed Crye two-pieces, and even an orange one piece that was a ‘SAR helo’ suit.

I’ve recently gone back to wearing the one piece bag because nothing is as comfortable as a properly broken in one piece bag. 

And it’s really not that hard to take off a one piece to take a dump, and I’m a pretty big dude. 

22 minutes ago, Bigred said:

I’ve worn literally every flavor of flight suit from the original Army two piece of early Iraq, high speed Crye two-pieces, and even an orange one piece that was a ‘SAR helo’ suit.

I’ve recently gone back to wearing the one piece bag because nothing is as comfortable as a properly broken in one piece bag. 

And it’s really not that hard to take off a one piece to take a dump, and I’m a pretty big dude. 

So you get butt @$$ naked in the $hitter just to go #2? Red is that you?

Millennials need their @$$es wiped for them since an app isn't readily available yet. Thus, we need new flight suits.