Airshow Gouge

StoleIt

So my unit is taking a jet to the Travis airshow and figured this would be a good opportunity to try and help out our morale fund/booster club and sell some swag.

Anyone have any advice on what actually sells? Zaps, patches, tshirts, water bottles, etc?

Any big differences between civilian airshows and ones on military bases?

Thanks.

Every airshow I’ve ever done we sold damn near anything we brought with us and had to watch to make sure no one tried to walk off with “souvenirs” from the airplane.

One dude literally tried to take one of the fire extinguishers and thought we wouldn’t notice.

Zaps and T-shirts did well. So did fleeces and sweatshirts. Patches are always popular but you can get in iffy territory if they aren’t bought by the booster club. Coozies are also usually popular. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, war007afa said:

Every airshow I’ve ever done we sold damn near anything we brought with us and had to watch to make sure no one tried to walk off with “souvenirs” from the airplane.

One dude literally tried to take one of the fire extinguishers and thought we wouldn’t notice.

Zaps and T-shirts did well. So did fleeces and sweatshirts. Patches are always popular but you can get in iffy territory if they aren’t bought by the booster club. Coozies are also usually popular. 

Awesome, thanks.

T shirts, patches, Zaps, Coozies,  coffee mugs, “remove before flight” keychains with our airplane on the back. I believe we had some coins and lithos, they are hard to make money on though. Our base hosted the Airshow so they were very anal about making sure our booster clubs had all the bs paperwork in order and aduted to be able to sell stuff. I don’t think they gave a shit about the jets/units that flew in. We just ordered extra stuff of what we already sold at the unit. If you have metal squadron water bottles I’m sure that is fine but the vendors have some sort agreement about only them selling food/water though. We didn’t advertise that we had extra water but we left our coolers in sight behind the booth, many people offered to “donate” a couple bucks for a water, doing our part in keeping up community relations we gladly obliged.