Pilot Preparation Program

1 hour ago, UFTapplicant said:

So AFPC informed me the normal UFT board PDSM will be released mid-March with the board convening in Sept.  It looks like they also supplemented it with this Pilot Preparation Program.

Did you send the org box an email to ask them when the PSDM comes out?

14 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Just saw the Mypers announcement this morning... Air Force is rolling out two UFT boards for active duty officers this year and launching a new prep program for bubbas who are qualified with less than 5 flight hours. Good news all around for people applying this year.

This looks quite interesting I wonder if they have done any programs likes this before?

7 hours ago, UFTapplicant said:

This looks quite interesting I wonder if they have done any programs likes this before?

They just started a program like this in AFROTC and the Academy has had a powered flight program with SR22s for years.  Academy folks also get about 10 hours in gliders.  I'm unsure if they've done it for AD before, but it's certainly not a new concept.

If only there could be access to cheap to rent aircraft available for military members who want to learn to fly, and maybe even their dependents. Maybe some sort of club of flying? Probably just crazy talk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...