Dry eye

Does anyone here have experience with dry eye and getting your pilot physical at Wright Patterson? I've got symptoms of dry eye that are unconfirmed by a doctor, mainly that I just have to use eye drops after waking up because my eyes are dry, or after hours looking at a bright computer screen in low humidity. I have my physical scheduled in a few months, and I want to tackle this so it has the least chance of causing me to get DQed. I've read the Air Force Waiver guide on dry eye and it offers a grading system for which grade 1 seems to be hardly an issue, but grade 2+ is unwaiverable for FC1. It doesn't offer a ton of guidance on allowable treatment.

Since my symptoms are somewhat minor, should I look into getting punctal plugs or some other waiverable treatment regime so it's completely controlled/ I'm 100% asymptomatic, or should I not get it addressed professionally and hope they classify me as "Grade 1"?

Edited by PremiumEyeball

• 1 month later...

I know you cannot have punctual plugs at the physical, it was listed on the LASIK waiver info. I would advise you use preservative free artificial tears (or a hot towel or whatever else helps you) and to not DQ yourself by getting diagnosed or treating it with plugs.