PV Promotion Timeline

For guard guys, can you tell me the process/timeline for date of rank and pay(or backpay).

For example, once the PV has been approved by SecDef, is that your new DOR?  After that it has to be passed on to the National Guard Bureau?  How long does that process usually take?  Is it after the NGB approves it that you actually start getting paid at new rank?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Recently for Majors and Lt Cols, 5-6 months from the time you meet your state's board, you should be federally recognized.  Yes, from what I've seen, your DOR will be when you met your state board, but your effective date (pin on date) is the same as the fed rec date pushed on an order from NGB, and that date (the later one) is when your increased pay begins. 

On 3/9/2019 at 10:39 AM, SaltyDawg said:

Recently for Majors and Lt Cols, 5-6 months from the time you meet your state's board, you should be federally recognized.  Yes, from what I've seen, your DOR will be when you met your state board, but your effective date (pin on date) is the same as the fed rec date pushed on an order from NGB, and that date (the later one) is when your increased pay begins. 

Thanks for the reply. I had heard several versions, but wasn't sure. What you said is correct from what I'm seeing. After checking mypers, I found dates for the SecAF & SecDef (just happened). My date of rank does now show the date I met the state board. 

Thanks again. 

• 7 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 4:23 PM, Guardian said:

NGB apparently doesn’t have a process to meet congress’s direction from a year and a half ago. They know they are suppose to be back paying for the promotion timeline but aren’t. Anyone else know anything about this?

Between the additional AFTPs taking months to pay out (with no real clarity and jacked up taxes when they do pay), and them not figuring out how to change some 1s to 0s for our updated flight pay, I'm just happy that they're actually paying me (somewhat) correctly.  I recently promoted to O5 via PV and was told I wouldn't get back pay, but my DOR is backdated.  I'm all ears if someone knows more.  Sadly, I'm at the point that another battle just isn't worth the relative pennies I'll get.