Anyway to extend my time at my current station?

KPPV1

Put that location and desire in talent marketplace. Let your commander know in a year or so and he can keep trying to extend you.

Are you in a Gucci location? If so, it's going to be unlikely.

Volunteer for a 365 before you get orders and then ask for a follow-on back to the same location.

Edited by LookieRookie

What mws?

if you’re flying fighters, you’ve got 2 yrs and 6-9 months on station at best. 

Buffs / jstars / etc with only 1 or 2 bases ... still highly unlikely. 

Look to PCA to a tenet unit or other command on the same base. 

For example, Tyndall has (had) ACC flying and AFMC flying (wsep). So you could theoretically bounce around the same base. Seymour is similar. Usually for shiny pennies tho. 

If you want to homestead ... the guard / reserves is really your only plausible option. 

Depends on a lot of factors, most of which have been mentioned above. If you can get on the good graces of leadership and get on your knees you can try for a 1-2 year controlled tour outside the squadron, usually at the group or wing doing safety/Stan-eval or something like that. 

I have met a couple dudes that have spent 15-17 years out of 20 at one base. Every single one has had two things in common though, flying a airframe that has extreamly limited basing options, and being chosen early as a top performer for “command”, and those guys using that to their advantage to stay in place. 

8 hours ago, HossHarris said:

What mws?

if you’re flying fighters, you’ve got 2 yrs and 6-9 months on station at best. 

Buffs / jstars / etc with only 1 or 2 bases ... still highly unlikely. 

Look to PCA to a tenet unit or other command on the same base. 

For example, Tyndall has (had) ACC flying and AFMC flying (wsep). So you could theoretically bounce around the same base. Seymour is similar. Usually for shiny pennies tho. 

If you want to homestead ... the guard / reserves is really your only plausible option. 

Come on over to the B-1.  Five years at Ellsworth, six years and counting at Dyess...and I've already been removed from the VML this spring by the functional.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:49 PM, Danny Noonin said:

Not that it really matters, but WSEP is ACC. There’s AFMC (DT) and ACC (OT) at Elgin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different wings then (325 FW, 53 WG)?  It was enough of a difference that a PCA across the street could keep the flesh peddlers happy. 

Know many dudes who have stayed at Eglin/Nellis for multiple assignments...PCA is an easy option (relatively) when you have multiple wings at the same base.  Though I'm guessing neither of these are where the OP is. 

Palace Chase to guard, selres, ima, pirr—whatever works at your location. Minimum eligibility is serving two thirds of your commissioning ADSC. Apply 6 months to 1 yr prior to whatever your chosen date of separation is.

There is also the career intermission program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk