Can one get paid...

JustHangingOut

Question

...and put on orders if you are already commissioned and waiting for UPT on other than drill status? I’m trying to find regs that say if some one can or cannot be put on temp AGR, or ADOS, or other types of pay status for full time orders or tech work at the unit while waiting for school. (Air Guard context)

Edited by JustHangingOut

9 answers to this question

You really don't need a reg. You're a commissioned officer. A temp tech position may require specific quals, but you can get up to 30 additional training day orders, state active duty days, temp AGR, and other backfill days. Go to your SQ/CC and tell him you want/need work anywhere on base.

4 hours ago, Guardian said:

Uhh what? Get orders. Show up to work and get paid. Not really sure what you are asking.

Edited for clarity. Basically I’m asking can I get days or orders outside of the standard drill days to come in and get some work.

Edited by JustHangingOut

2 hours ago, torqued said:

You really don't need a reg. You're a commissioned officer. A temp tech position may require specific quals, but you can get up to 30 additional training day orders, state active duty days, temp AGR, and other backfill days. Go to your SQ/CC and tell him you want/need work anywhere on base.

Thanks! Getting on orders would put me in a better place financially than my civilian work.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:20 PM, EvilEagle said:

Yes, it legal to do.  Whether your unit has any resources to give you is another issue.  Temp AGR is the easiest way to go. 

thanks for the info. There are ways for me to be useful from my prior service but those options are certainly limited. 

The unit may have some opportunities in other areas you have not considered. You have the gift of gab and can write like mwa - I revamped all the OPRs within the squadron. OPR system definitely different now. Back in the day I updated all the regs (books) - not a today thing. We had readiness inspections; therefore, checklists were right down my alley.  Check with XP or whatever they call the plans shop, they are always working on something. Understand this - look around and see what’s not getting done or everyone despises to accomplish and offer up your services. Temp AGR is almost perfect as some benefits are lost, but I managed to pick up extra man days, especially as we get closer to the end of the fiscal year.