How much will I see my PCSM go up?

UFTapplicant

Hey everyone!  So I applied to the last UFT board and didn't make it.  I applied with pretty terrible scores because when I originally took the tests I wasn't planning on going rated.  My original PCSM score was an 11 my pilot was a 48.  I just retook the TBAS and thought I did pretty well.  My PCSM went up to an 18.  I plan on taking the AFOQT in a few months after some studying.  My question is, will I see a significant jump in my PCSM if I make it in the 80-90s for my Pilot. From what I read online without flight hours the highest a person can get is a PCSM:70. I'm curious on how the breakdown and weight of each portion is. Any advice helps. Also is have 0 flight hours.

I had a similar PCSM and took the TBAS. My PCSM didn’t change. I only had one flight hour when I applied as well. Don’t be too discouraged if your score doesn’t change and remains low. Apply everywhere you can and be a bro and you can still get picked up with luck. You are probably out of the running for a fighter slot though. Also consider joining a guard unit. A PCSM score in no way is a direct reflection of your performance in UPT. 

Edited by GuardLife07

1 hour ago, GuardLife07 said:

I had a similar PCSM and took the TBAS. My PCSM didn’t change. I only had one flight hour when I applied as well. Don’t be too discouraged if your score doesn’t change and remains low. Apply everywhere you can and be a bro and you can still get picked up with luck. You are probably out of the running for a fighter slot though. Also consider joining a guard unit. A PCSM score in no way is a direct reflection of your performance in UPT. 

Guardlife07, 

did you retake your AFOQT? If so, what did you get and how much did your pcsm increase ?

23 minutes ago, UFTapplicant said:

Is that with no flight hours ?

Nah.  I had about 50 flight hours and a PCSM of 60 ish.  I would have needed a bunch to raise my PCSM just 10 pts, not worth it to me.

With that said, the increase was solely due to AFOQT score, not an increase of flight hours