What are my chances?

Hot_Dog

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to get a feel for how competitive of a candidate I will be. I have my AFOQT done but still need to schedule my TBAS before I have PCSM scores. My college GPA is probably my biggest hurdle to overcome, it's not great at all, however I've gotten my act together and learned from my failures. GPA is around 2.37 after a few disastrous early semesters, I am not proud of it, but I clawed my way back to graduation.

AFOQT scores: P: 98   N: 96   AA: 77   V: 93   Q: 52

I also have my instrument rating, with high performance and complex endorsements and ~360 flight hours at the time of this post. I should have my commercial in a couple weeks. I just turned 27 and am applying to basically every ANG wing that's holding a board this year. I am worried about turning in applications without TBAS completed, but getting on their radar is better than skipping it entirely, right? I know I'm not the most competitive applicant, but I am not going to give up on the dream just yet. 

Thanks in advance.

Knock out your TBAS asap...I'm not sure units will accept a package without one done. Scores are good otherwise. I think i've seen GPA overlooked but it really depends on what type of dude you are. What was your major?

HotDog,

With that kind of hours, you should expect to receive a good PCSM score as long as you do decent on the TBAS. I have less hours (109) and did slightly worse on the AFOQT pilot (89) and still got a PCSM of 93. I do have a similar GPA, however like most says it’s a whole person concept when it comes to selection. Be a good dude and your flight experience along with your AFOQT and PCSM scores will balance things out. Good luck! 

Got a question, what are my chances?

I am a 24 year old male, decently in shape and probably could use some working out to build more muscle, I have gone to college at a local college in Virginia but didn't get the best of grades based on the fact that I am not the best in math and I would have needed a mentor for math. I was doing a engineering degree as an associates degree. I got like a C in one class, failed one, and D in the last because it was my math class. However, it was not because I did not try, I did. Right now I am in a sort of college but more like a school in that it is called the School of Discipleship and I have been getting a grade average of 3.5 last quarter. The programs duration lasts a year in length, but can be extended to a 2 year program if I desire to do so; but I sort of struggle with the thought of doing so because by the time I complete the course the second time around, I will be pretty well into my 26th year. Given the fact that the Airforce and Navy really desire that I am graduated by or in my 31st year of age, and if they want me to have a bachelors in something, it will take 4 years of study to get that bachelors, I am not sure if it would be a wise idea to continue a year more here at the School of Discipleship. All that to say this, would I be better to go another year here at school and then go to another school like OTS or AFA, or would that be a foolish thought; and I should go to another college and get a batchelors in another topic of choice?

Officer Training School I hear I need the presidents approval and the govenors approval, am I wrong? I also understand that if I go to ROTC or Airforce Academy I am not assured to know which fighter jet or which airplane I will be operating, which I would prefer to know but it isnt a must, but is that correct? I definitely want this, because it would certainly be a huge benefit to me if I was an officer before I enter into service, as far as I have researched; if I am not incorrect I think upon graduation from OTS, I become a second Lieutenant, am I right? Also is there good benefits, pay/salary, holiday and vacation time in the airforce whether as active duty, part time and full time, or in the reserves? 

I have been a farmer, a parts deliverer for a Chrysler dealership and a parts order picker for them too as well as landscaped some, gardened some and cut metal and other little odds and ends, the a truck driver for 5 months interupted because of some incorrect training by the trainer and so I had a few hiccups on my behalf I admit but nothing that went to the police reports as far as I have been informed. 

So I ask again, what are my chances all this information I have disclosed, do I have a chance or not?

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this and God bless you all, thank you for your service it is much appreciated!