Retaking TBAS

UFTapplicant

When I retook the TBAS my PCSM went up around 14 points. That is without any more hours or AFOQT changes. When I first took the tbas I had 3 hours and 75 pilot afoqt and got a 46 pcsm. Second time i had 10 hours and my PCSM was 64 (4 more points for hours). Now is at 76 with 21 hours. Study the flashcards and work on multitasking.

11 minutes ago, DifferentViper said:

When I retook the TBAS my PCSM went up around 14 points. That is without any more hours or AFOQT changes. When I first took the tbas I had 3 hours and 75 pilot afoqt and got a 46 pcsm. Second time i had 10 hours and my PCSM was 64 (4 more points for hours). Now is at 76 with 21 hours. Study the flashcards and work on multitasking.

Did you ever retake the AFOQT?

I can only speak on the AFOQT re-take. I had a 85 Pilot score and 83 PCSM at 41 hours. After I re-took the AFOQT, I had a 99 Pilot score and 94 PCSM at 41 hours. Re-taking the AFOQT is definitely a good idea! I bought a couple of AFOQT study guides and did some online ACT prep. 

Edited by HiAlph12

Yeah I took the AFOQT with little to no studying and knew nothing about how the Pilot score was comprised. I got a 49 and it obviously shows. My PCSM was AWFUL, I got an 11 and had no clue what the TBAS test had involved. Anywho, I rescheduled the TBAS and have the UAV orientation down great, the other things I’m 50/50.  

For the AFOQT I got a TRIVIUM prep book a military flight test book to get familiar with aviation stuff.

Just now, HiAlph12 said:

I suggest using the kongregate multitasking game. It is helpful with selective attention. There are some other great resources that have been posted in other threads, such as simulators. 

Yeah I use to practice in a full get up simulator, but the way it operates is completely different and I feel I won’t master it. The multitasking I did decent. It was just the stick and rudder and the UAV orientation (which I know now) that I did miserable at. Honestly, I didn’t know that the AFOQT was a big factor in the pcsm score like I read in other posts.

7 hours ago, DifferentViper said:

I planned to retake the afoqt but got hired before I had a chance to do it. I didn't study for my first one either. I was a freshman in college and figured I was probably smart enough I didn't need to study... 19 year olds are geniuses.

What airframe did you end up being picked up on?