Personal credit card on the road?

pilotguy

12 hours ago, torqued said:

Has anyone had a GTC negatively affect their credit score?

On three separate occasions I have gone 4 months overdue and one time it was so far overdue that they shut down my card.  Not once I have I seen at hit on my credit score.  One of these times I even had a finance SSgt over the should my entire voucher process and somehow it still got fucked up.  I put everything that's reimbursable on the card and nothing that isn't...if it's on the card, it's the governments responsibility (as long as I do my due diligence and submit the voucher on time).  Our FM tried to dick swing on this issue and used the threat of a credit hit to try to coerce me into paying the bill.  Dude, I paid cash for my last house and car, and have a credit score of 800+...I'll be just fine, do you damn job and pay my card.  How fucking hard is this! 

On another note, it's been over a year and they still haven't unfucked our (part-timer) flight pay.  It's pretty humorous to log into mypay and have 7 pay stubs per month, with half of them being $3.33 to catch up my flight pay.  I honestly don't even care anymore because it's peanuts, it's more of an ongoing metaphor for how fucked up things have become.   In other news, I just checked...Delta got my greenslip paid correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Local voucher is a decent fix. When they cancelled the orders in DTS, it should have had a message where it says something about fees paid, etc that the cancelling party likely blew past without reading where it could have been fixed in seconds. Sometimes we’re too efficient for ourselves...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, HossHarris said:

I always Used it for plane tickets via dts....because i couldn’t figure a good way around it. 

Everything else was personal card. 

Then moved the split disbursement on the voucher side to only pay Gtc balance and everything else went to my account. 

20 yrs, 3 days, zero issues. 

This, I did it for 17 years.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

A few times I had to use it for hotel due to taxes but generally, no

Nice, I wish we had your FM.  I think our FM gets direct kickbacks from citibank based on how militant he is in threatening us about not using your GTC.  We had a few guys get to the hotel and their citibank card wouldn't run so they used their personal cards.  Since we were out there for 90 days, our stuff was being uploaded every week.  Within hours of those guys having their receipts uploaded, he sent a manifesto (maybe a little hyperbole) to our deployed SQ/CC accusing his pilots of fraud and threatening them with UCMJ action (not hyperbole)....didn't even bother ask questions. 

Of course, this is the same guy who once told me that over 15 other Guard FMs were wrong and he was right in NOT paying us DLA when we PCS'd back to our Guard base.  

Edited by SocialD

28 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Yeah. Actually the units do get kickbacks.

Ya I know, I just meant it seems like he personally gets them based on how he acts.  Honestly, I couldn't care less if they get their kickbacks or not...and it's fucked up that this is the real reason for all the threats wrt using your GTC and paying on time.   

So based on DTS/finance success rates...no base has ever been awarded the payout?

Not sure of the payout % or stats but I know wings that have gotten it consistently and others that it varies month to month. All depends on the avenues and the pressure applied to squadrons to get everyone to pay on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

12 minutes ago, Right Seat Driver said:

I remember sitting in on a wing staff meeting at EGUN in the 2015 timeframe. The comptroller was saying the wing would get a check that was going to be about $125k. He did not specify if that was for the quarter, year, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I think I remember seeing $225K for the year at RAFL a while back.  

1 hour ago, herkbum said:

Each wing gets their own. It’s lost for the month if someone on base is over 60 days overdue.

LOL, perfect...I guess I've personally stopped 6-9 months worth of kickbacks for my base.  Well not me, finance and their inability to unfuck themselves and actually pay out my vouchers.  Made even more funny by the fact that they had to amend my vouchers to pay for the late fees. 

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 4 years later...
On 3/29/2023 at 4:42 PM, Musadavid said:

Hey there, I'm new to this forum, but I found this thread interesting.  While I don't have personal experience with this, I did some research  and found that the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) states that travelers  are required to use the Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) for  official travel expenses.

https://gfycat.com/bitterscarygreathornedowl

C8108138-19E6-429F-A5ED-89E354569114.jpeg

Edited by Tank

Your mileage may vary but I've never used my gtc for anything other than airline tix and rental cars that were required to be  booked through DTS. Probably have 50+ TDYs with hotels on my personal card and never heard a peep except once when someone asked and I told them my GTC got declined. (It was actually true in that instance because the charge was above the GTC credit limit) 👌👌👌

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Your mileage may vary but I've never used my gtc for anything other than airline tix and rental cars that were required to be  booked through DTS. Probably have 50+ TDYs with hotels on my personal card and never heard a peep except once when someone asked and I told them my GTC got declined. (It was actually true in that instance because the charge was above the GTC credit limit) 👌👌👌

Know one person who was disciplined for it but only because he failed to file a supplemental voucher/pay a GTC balance and the investigation revealed that some required items were on his card. In other words, if he'd have been on top his other stuff they wouldn't have cared. Was only after they had to dig in to the first items it became an issue. 

7 hours ago, FLEA said:

Know one person who was disciplined

And the discipline is up to your SQ/CC, so unless someone has an absolute douche bag of a SQ/CC, they’ll be fine. I remember some admin person telling me I had to use a GTC for something, I said “don’t care,” and that’s when they threw out your sq/cc could punish you…I think I LOL’d and just walked away. I was pretty confident I could slap that thing down at Palominos (for dinner obviously!) and he wouldn’t give a fuck.