Is It Worth Applying to a UPT Board if I am a Junior College?

I see that Vermont is hiring for F-35 pilots. Vermont is one of my top choices for a guard unit. I have 90 college credits because I changed my major after my sophomore year and had to repeat my sophomore year to study the survey courses of my new major. Also I transferred from Community College to a University and they had a few more gen eds that community college didn't require. Even though I won't likely get hired, I was wonder if it's worth applying so they will get to know me and then after my senior year I can apply again to get hired. I plan on taking the AFOQT in the next month or two. I know the deadline is March 31st. 

It never hurts to apply as long as you meet the requirements (if you don't, then not worth your effort).  If you do go to the interview, at minimum it's good experience/practice for future interviews, or maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised by a job offer.

2 hours ago, brabus said:

It never hurts to apply as long as you meet the requirements (if you don't, then not worth your effort).  If you do go to the interview, at minimum it's good experience/practice for future interviews, or maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised by a job offer.

I'll make some phone calls in the morning.

I have applied and interviewed at a unit and i am halfway through junior year, so its possible to get hired in that time frame (i didnt). It usually takes over a year to get started with OTS anyways(if youre not rotc). Sounds like you'll have to take the tbas still after your afoqt, they'll throw your app out if it's incomplete

If the unit allows it, go for it. My unit used to allow 90 credit hours to apply, but you had to graduate the two semesters after no matter what. They got burned by that when an applicant failed a class and didn't have their degree by that May. So now it's 105 credits and you get an extra semester for wiggle room. Every unit is different, some require the full diploma and some will make things work with the credit hours. My .02 is don't submit a package that won't be 100% correct. Otherwise when you apply the next year and have all the credentials you might be remembered as the guy/gal that submitted an incomplete package when you knew it was incomplete, which could hinder your chance of getting an interview/slot. 

On 1/11/2019 at 4:50 PM, elvis said:

If the unit allows it, go for it. My unit used to allow 90 credit hours to apply, but you had to graduate the two semesters after no matter what. They got burned by that when an applicant failed a class and didn't have their degree by that May. So now it's 105 credits and you get an extra semester for wiggle room. Every unit is different, some require the full diploma and some will make things work with the credit hours. My .02 is don't submit a package that won't be 100% correct. Otherwise when you apply the next year and have all the credentials you might be remembered as the guy/gal that submitted an incomplete package when you knew it was incomplete, which could hinder your chance of getting an interview/slot. 

Elvis, which unit is this?

If they let you apply, go for it. Assuming you have a PPL already and just have to take the AFOQT and TBAS? If not, PPL first usually. I took the tests before but I bet I would've did better on the Pilot section had I waited until after PPL ground training.