Retirement

chizz

I'm about to retire at the end of the month. Off the top of your head, can you remember anything that you had to sign up for in terms of benefits that was time critical? Anything you would have done differently or forgot to do?

Thanks and happy holidays

48 minutes ago, chizz said:

I'm about to retire at the end of the month. Off the top of your head, can you remember anything that you had to sign up for in terms of benefits that was time critical? Anything you would have done differently or forgot to do?

SBP is one benefit that's time sensitive and can be somewhat complicated;  https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/provide/sbp.html

https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/provide/sbp/change.html

On 12/16/2018 at 9:20 AM, chizz said:

Dont forget to be current on green dot, human trafficking and on your pt test! 

But seriously congrats!

19 minutes ago, TreeA10 said:

I've been out for a while, wtf is green dot?

It indicates the speed at which you'll get your best lift to drag ratio.  Technique only, but I usually throw flaps 1 as I hit green dot and decelerating.  

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

I've been out for a while, wtf is green dot?

Instead of telling people to do the right thing and intervene when someone does dumb shit, we are supposed to use the words “red dot!” when we speak to indicate something bad is happening. Then we say, or be, or do a “green dot” something or other that is supposed to mean being proactive in doing the right thing.

It’s idiotic and makes you want to choke someone.