Baseops Forums
Ultimate Fighter Pilot

Lying to reserve recruiter?

My local reserve recruiter is strapped for time and won't work with dudes doing the guard route. I'm wanting to work all avenues, and I know reserves can send you to MEPS and your FC1 pretty quickly to see if you qualify medically. I'm conflicted because I don't want to lie and say I'm only working with the reserves and then get screwed because something pops up on their system, but on the other hand I'm the only one who cares about my career and I want to take the initiative to get through MEPS and my FC1 to become even more competitive for boards. Does anyone have thoughts on this? 

Edited by Ultimate Fighter Pilot

So you want to get MEPS and FC1 as a "resume booster" for UPT boards? Sounds like you still may potentially apply for Reserve boards, as I assume you are applying to more then one unit, right?  It's not a lie that you are interested in the Reserves (even if you're preferred location may be a guard unit).

I 2nd Brabus on this one. Go to MEPS and get it out of the way. You’ll need to pay for your travel expenses to get your IFC1 which can take a few months to get scheduled and approved. The physicals are transferable between the AF and ANG with a request from either branch. In essence, your taking inniative and several people I knew on the circuit did it. Keep in mind though, your kind of entering no mans land by not having a unit and need to have patience/persistence in keeping up with the medicals. Good luck!!

Sounds like the Reserve recruiter won’t work with the applicant if the recruiter knows the applicant is simultaneously applying for Guard positions.

He’s a recruiter. He’s going to tell you want he needs to keep you on the hook. Do the same.