Can I get my FC1 while taking an SSRI (anti-anxiety medication)?

neptune0623

Hey all,

Let me start off by saying that I did use the search function looking for an answer to my question, but did not find anything. Most people seem to ask if they can get a waiver for the their FC1 now that they are off their SSRI (anti-anxiety medication). What I want to know is - is it possible to get my FC1 (through a waiver I’m sure) if I am currently on an SSRI and plan on staying on it?

Last year I started dealing with some anxiety that was affecting me enough that I decided to see a medical professional. They put me on an SSRI. A year later, I am doing much better. I would like to stay on this medication if possible. 

I read up on some regs, and from what I can tell it is possible to get a waiver while still on the FC1, I think. It seems like I keep finding conflicting information. 

It is my dream to become a USAF pilot. Any information at all would be helpful, thank you! 

Side note - does anyone have contact info for a doctor that actually performs these FC1 medicals?  It would be great if I could ask them their opinion directly. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah I take SSRI also but I am off of them now, I am only 16 so I don't have any information on how the Military will handle your problem but If you find anything I would love some info because the stories I hear about people not flying just because of prescription inhalers has gotten to me. Thanks for the help and I'm glad your feeling better