New Mexico dairy concerned about Air Force contamination

HarleyQuinn

Whereas the contamination is a serious issue...

Airmen assigned to CVS: Let us bring nice things to Clovis. We need affordable and safe housing.

Clovis leadership: If you don’t like it, you can always go to Iraq/Afghanistan. And buy these houses that jumped $95K after we went out to see what cost per square foot is in Florida.

Can’t imagine where the snark came from.

I feel like I've read the "Air Force firefighting foam destroys local water supply" story 100 times over the past several years.

From what I gather, just about every place that had Air Force aircraft blasted out 100,000's of gallons of firefighting foam over the years for "training," and only recently have we found that the foam contains some nasty shit that doesn't break down?  Is that about right?

10 hours ago, war007afa said:

Whereas the contamination is a serious issue...

Airmen assigned to CVS: Let us bring nice things to Clovis. We need affordable and safe housing.

Clovis leadership: If you don’t like it, you can always go to Iraq/Afghanistan. And buy these houses that jumped $95K after we went out to see what cost per square foot is in Florida.

Can’t imagine where the snark came from.

That snark from a Air Force GS that voluntarily lives in Clovis? Yeah, I I can’t imagine where that snark came from either.

Past indifference to the environment is going to haunt the AF (and the rest of the services) for decades.  When I was getting my environmental masters, I did a project with base CE at Dyess.  One of the folks I worked with told me how Dyess had a railroad tank car buried up to the tower for decades until the early '90s that the base used to dispose of motor oil, waste chemicals, etc.  "It was great because it never filled up."

• Upvote 1