T38 Down @ KDLF

black hills tj

Ugh. This is such bullshit. One year later nearly to the day. We've buried too many good dudes here lately.

This is the guy that immediately popped in my mind when I sat here and read about the "toxic" climate at the 87th. Trojan was one of those dudes that had it figured out, as a FAIP, more so than some dudes twice his age ever will. The balance he struck between instructor and bro was absolutely perfect. Flying with him was like going up with friend, right up until you f'ed something up and then he set you straight. I trusted the dude implicitly in the jet, his professionalism was beyond reproach. He was one of those guys you met and knew "Yeah man, this guy is going somewhere."

Sorry I over-g'd it on you Graz. I hope you're teaching Stuck how to fly better Tac Form up there.

Him him. 🍺

Edited by gohornsgo
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, gohornsgo said:

Ugh. This is such bullshit. One year later nearly to the day. We've buried too many good dudes here lately.

This is the guy that immediately popped in my mind when I sat here and read about the "toxic" climate at the 87th. Trojan was one of those dudes that had it figured out, as a FAIP, more so than some dudes twice his age ever will. The balance he struck between instructor and bro was absolutely perfect. Flying with him was like going up with friend, right up until you f'ed something up and then he set you straight. I trusted the dude implicitly in the jet, his professionalism was beyond reproach. He was one of those guys you met and knew "Yeah man, this guy is going somewhere."

Sorry I over-g'd it on you Graz. I hope you're teaching Stuck how to fly better Tac Form up there.

Him him. 🍺

He had it figured out and was waiting to head to IFF and then B course.  

You weren't the only one to over G on his watch. Either.

• Haha 1

Incredibly rough. Dude was one of the IPs I trusted the most. We had a lot of heart to hearts throughout training and like homeboy said up there, he struck that balance perfectly. Huge loss for the Air Force and anyone that knew him. 

Him him 🍺

• Like 2

Words fail me when I try to describe how good of a dude he was. There are few people I can think of both in and out of the Air Force that I’ve met that have zero character flaws personally and professionally. Even I would scoff a statement like that, but he was definitely one of them. I just can’t believe it. Anyone who got the chance to fly with him is a better aviator for it. Cheers, Graz 🍺. I’ll miss you brotha.

• Like 3

Shocked and saddened to hear the news. Graz was a student of mine briefly in T6s. Outstanding pilot and great guy. I will always remember his ready smile and quick laugh. A toast.🍺

I COULD give you the five drastically different stories I have heard in the 72 hours...but I’m not going to spread rumors and just wait for the SIB/AIB to do their jobs. Then we can discuss it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...