Accompanied at AUAB

CopyShot

• 1 year later...

Also looking for some recent info on this.  Any help would be appreciated.  Some good resources on YouTube and the base website but looking for someone that's personally done it.  Also curious if your assignment may be curtailed for PME in residence.

Edited by epsilon

53 minutes ago, backseatdriver said:

Another kick in the Jimmy for morale, lovely.

Because who doesn’t want more unaccompanied 365s! With Afghanistan finally wound down and other wartime commitments waning there was about to be an acute shortage of shitty deals to hand out.

• Upvote 1

Wtf is the reason for this. "Continuous reassesent of personnel needs" wtf is that supposed to mean? 

My guess is with shit winding down they no longer see continuity as important in the ME and they are trying to save money on PCS'ing families. Still, this is shitty. All those 365s the AF worked to get rid of are essentially returned now. 

16 minutes ago, frog said:

This was a response to the Iranian missile attacks in Iraq last year and the realization that you can throw a rock from Iran to AUAB. 

Interesting thought but those missile attacks had a pretty definitive precursor. Funny that we would put families in Korea and not in Qatar. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Upvote 3

Interesting thought but those missile attacks had a pretty definitive precursor. Funny that we would put families in Korea and not in Qatar. 
Different combatant commanders, different acceptance of risk.

Plus it seems like we're doing a lot more kinetic stuff in the middle east than in the Pacific...I'm sure if stuff escalates in PACOM, dependents will get sent home pretty quick.

1 hour ago, jazzdude said:

Different combatant commanders, different acceptance of risk.

Plus it seems like we're doing a lot more kinetic stuff in the middle east than in the Pacific...I'm sure if stuff escalates in PACOM, dependents will get sent home pretty quick.

You would mostly be wrong on that assumption, but you should ask someone who's worked extensively there to fill you in. 

22 hours ago, FLEA said:

Wtf is the reason for this. "Continuous reassesent of personnel needs" wtf is that supposed to mean? 

My guess is with shit winding down they no longer see continuity as important in the ME and they are trying to save money on PCS'ing families. Still, this is shitty. All those 365s the AF worked to get rid of are essentially returned now. 

I thought most of those 365s were turned into 6-month deployments, not two year accompanied tours?

And with shit winding down (yeah, I've heard that before), they theoretically wouldn't need as many people, right?