Baseops Forums
Ligma

What is a good PCSM?

I’ve searched through the threads and everybody seems to have a different answer.  

What is the general consensus for a competitive PCSM score for guard/reserve units (heavies and fighters)? 

I’ve just retaken my TBAS and bumped my score up 20 pts to 79 PCSM with 26 hours (98 pilot).  The 201+ hours is at a 97 PCSM.  I am also current guard enlisted 6+ years.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Seadogs said:

What's ligma?

I’m no cunning linguist, but gonna guess that’s a first name and the surname is gonna be Diq.

15 hours ago, Ligma said:

I’ve searched through the threads and everybody seems to have a different answer.  

What is the general consensus for a competitive PCSM score for guard/reserve units (heavies and fighters)? 

I’ve just retaken my TBAS and bumped my score up 20 pts to 79 PCSM with 26 hours (98 pilot).  The 201+ hours is at a 97 PCSM.  I am also current guard enlisted 6+ years.

Thank you!

I think that’s a pretty solid score, but I’m not a hiring guy. Slap a few more hours to bring you into the 80s and you’ll likely be looking solid for heavies and at least not circular filed for fighters; especially with a 98 Pilot on the AFOQT. Even stronger if you go for your PPL, if you have the time/cash to run it that far. 

Good luck!

Edited by FDNYOldGuy
Too many "my's" in there
  • Upvote 1

On 11/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, FDNYOldGuy said:

I’m no cunning linguist, but gonna guess that’s a first name and the surname is gonna be Diq.

I think that’s a pretty solid score, but I’m not a hiring guy. Slap a few more hours to bring you into the 80s and you’ll likely be looking solid for heavies and at least not circular filed for fighters; especially with a 98 Pilot on the AFOQT. Even stronger if you go for your PPL, if you have the time/cash to run it that far. 

Good luck!

My surname is actually balls.

But thank you for your input!  My goal is to get 40+ hours by February (hopefully PPL), because that’ll bring my PCSM to a 83.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:37 PM, Seadogs said:

What's ligma? Anyway 80+ PCSM is good for fighters. Idk about heavies.

It is an unfortunate medical condition that I currently have.

4 hours ago, Stoker said:

FYI, some squadrons apparently look at your 201+ hour column anyways, rather than your official score.

Really? First time I've heard that.. It does make sense though.  Nice!