MFS-N for interservice transfer

Bigred

All, 

I am pursuing an interservice transfer into the Air Force to fly the KC-135. I was required to complete a FC1 exam and just received my DD-2808 stamped approved from AETC. On the form it states "FC1 pending successful completion of MFS-N". 

What exactly is the MFS-N? I can find info on the MFS but nothing on the "-N" part. What is it, and where do I do this exam at? 

Lastly, is the MFS-N basically done enroute to the FTU? As I'm a rated pilot in the Navy, I will bypass UPT and proceed directly to flying the -135. Anyone have any idea if I need to finish it prior to switching to the Air Force or can I finish it after I switch? 

Thanks. 

MFS-N is the same as MFS.  It will be done at Wright-Patterson.  The timing can vary and it may be when you are en route.  The exam will consist of the neuro-psychiatry exam (the "N" part) as well as color vision, corneal topography and red lens (eye alignment test).  The may also do height/weight although I'm not totally sure about that part.

17 hours ago, Bigred said:

All, 

I am pursuing an interservice transfer into the Air Force to fly the KC-135. I was required to complete a FC1 exam and just received my DD-2808 stamped approved from AETC. On the form it states "FC1 pending successful completion of MFS-N". 

What exactly is the MFS-N? I can find info on the MFS but nothing on the "-N" part. What is it, and where do I do this exam at? 

Lastly, is the MFS-N basically done enroute to the FTU? As I'm a rated pilot in the Navy, I will bypass UPT and proceed directly to flying the -135. Anyone have any idea if I need to finish it prior to switching to the Air Force or can I finish it after I switch? 

Thanks. 

Probably go straight to schoolhouse, no pilot training for you unless you're a helo guy then good luck, we are all counting on you.