VA response recommendations

Lord Ratner

Anyone have experience with a good VA rep they can point me to? I'm in Pittsburgh, but if I need to travel somewhere to sit down with someone who knows what they're doing, I will. The one I had in Columbus, OH was pants-on-head stupid, so part of my claim was denied. I'd like someone who knows what they're doing to help me with the appeal. 

Thanks in advance

In my experiences the VA reps who are supposed to know their own organization/processes are THE WORST. I’d recommend any of the various 3rd parties who know the VA much better than the VA knows itself. Also keep in mind the process despite how informal it may seem is more legal than it is medical which is why i’ll personally hire a law firm/lawyer for my reattack.

i’ve never used these to my detriment but after the fact research has these third party orgs with decent reviews:

Wounded warrior program

DAV.org

amvets

VFW

American legion

peblawyer.com

If you want gouge on additional info PEB forums is a solid resource to start researching. Good luck.

I’ve had luck with the VFW, but YMMV depending on where you live. Make sure to file your Notice of Disagreement within a year of denial to preserve the date of denial. The package they mail you will explain why they denied you. Once you file your NOD, it could possibly take years to go through the appeal process, however there’s a new program called RAMP that has been speeding up their claims, usually in favor of the veteran.