Baseops Forums

10 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Are they all complete losses?

Time to reopen the line MAGA more Raptors... 5 more squadrons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Prosuper said:

Hell, I say reopen K.I. Sawyer in the upper peninsula of Michigan, turn and burn over Lake Superior. Learn to love snow and cold weather OP's. Or any other northern tier old remote SAC base.  

Or Loring. Guys will be back stabbing each other big time to get that gig! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Breckey said:

Just don’t drink the water.

No thats Detroit, KI got water from Lake Superior unfiltered which exceeds the EPA standard.

Hey guys, let's refrain from publishing numbers of damaged aircraft, rumint or otherwise, until the DOD releases that information publicly. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 10/16/2018 at 8:49 PM, DFRESH said:

Hey guys, let's refrain from publishing numbers of damaged aircraft, rumint or otherwise, until the DOD releases that information publicly. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Majestik Møøse said:

I heard the number is now up to 46 damaged Raptors.

Not sure if serious or...

On 10/16/2018 at 8:49 PM, DFRESH said:

give me a freaking break

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clayton Bigsby said:

Wasn't the rescue coordination center at Tyndall?  If so, I assume that capability has been transferred elsewhere?

And JPRC. 

Unknown if relocated. 

9 hours ago, Clayton Bigsby said:

Wasn't the rescue coordination center at Tyndall?  If so, I assume that capability has been transferred elsewhere?

Hey guys let’s refrain from speculating about this our enemies could gain some unknown advantage from us talking about highly unclassified stuff -DFRESH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This F-22 odyssey to escape the wrath of Hurricane Michael has me scratching my head. This is an example "only";  Sooo,  33 out of 55 F-22s were flyable and evacuated to Wright Patterson AFB, which means 22 broke birds were left behind at Tyndall. That means 33 flyable F-22s arrived at Wright Patterson AFB. The next step in this odyssey was the F-22s relocated to Langley AFB. My two simple questions; How many broke Tyndall F-22s are now sitting at Wright Patterson AFB and how many made it to Langley AFB? How many Tyndall AFB F-22s that made it all the way to Langley AFB are now broke and how many are flyable? This has the potential to be the modern day - USAF equivalent of the "Trail of Tears" (In todays era - for the USAF/F-22 program - Tears = $$$$$$$$/to many broke birds.

22 is an inaccurate number.  Turns out open source media is full of shit about 99% of the time, yet somehow we continue to believe a lot of what we read in the news.  Not to say the discussion is invalid about how we fucked ourselves years ago by only buying 187. 

3 hours ago, brabus said:

Not to say the discussion is invalid about how we fucked ourselves years ago by only buying 187. 

2016-05-17-e385520c_large.jpg

187 was enough so that we could spend the money and effort for 50 UAV CAPS was a great call...amiright, Bob?

Edited by brickhistory
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Here's a new video that (accidentally) shows four F-22's that were probably pulled out of a hanger or maybe the two hardened Flow-Through shelters (with doors) at Tyndall;  Date video taken - 10/21/2018/Date video posted - 10/21/2018 at 21:07.

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/634299/823rd-red-horse-squadron-repairs-roof

Edited by waveshaper

oh PR...showing them trying to screw in screws w/ drill going the wrong direction...we've all done it no problem...but wouldn't you edit that out!? lol. not a big deal just funny

The math is simple. If around half of your fleet of aircraft is reliable at any given moment, you buy twice as many.

8 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

oh PR...showing them trying to screw in screws w/ drill going the wrong direction...we've all done it no problem...but wouldn't you edit that out!? lol. not a big deal just funny

🤔 I don’t think you saw what you think you saw. It looks to me that in both situations the lag bolt was already screwed into the furring strip but hadn’t hit something solid within the roof structure. They were just backing them out to reposition them and try again in a slightly different location. 

40 minutes ago, JeremiahWeed said:

🤔 I don’t think you saw what you think you saw. It looks to me that in both situations the lag bolt was already screwed into the furring strip but hadn’t hit something solid within the roof structure. They were just backing them out to reposition them and try again in a slightly different location. 

All I know is that I want that drill