LAF Major Board

Spaceballs

2 hours ago, dream big said:

The SECAF released a memo today reiterating that 100% promotion opportunity means just that, opportunity, not outcome.  Your senior rater can still tank you. How that plays out THIS promotion board is yet to be determined, esp after the fiasco that was the ‘09 board. 

What happened in the ‘09 board? 

I haven’t seen that memo yet. I’ll take a look for it tomorrow. My understanding was that it’s a guaranteed promote unless your senior rater wants to submit a DNP PRF. It’s been tough to find info on the new process. Every personnelist I’ve talked to has said to call someone else until I get the inevitable “email our org box and we’ll get back to you”. 

On 10/1/2018 at 12:19 AM, MattyLite said:

No PRF, just a records check and signed MEL from your senior rater. You shouldn't have been asked for a PRF - and they're due friday (ish, depending on MAJCOM) so you should know by now.

Source: wing exec

Cool thanks. I just PCS’d in the last month to an overseas base and no one seems to know who is in charge of my paperwork. Then we have locals working our personnel offices that barely speak English. Still better than trying to get anything done at finance though!