Retired C-130 Pilot killed in private plane crash

jrizzell

Just now, nunya said:

The ducks of Arkansas are safer now.  🍻

Yes they are.  One of his favorite lines:  "Duck Sausage!  How about you duck down and get you some sausage"!  

Reagan was hands down the greatest pilot, aircraft commander and officer I have ever known.  He was in a league of his own.  He was also a devout christian, a boxer at the Zoo, married to his high school sweetheart, master diver, foster parent, scout leader, duck hunter extraordinaire who took wounded warriors on hunts, and a weapons officer.  The Herk community truly did lose one of it's finest.  I will miss him.

Some clarification on the news article.  He was a current member of the Arkansas Guard.

• Like 6

Shaggy made me a better pilot when I was a green-as-grass CP going through the 62AS... and he kicked my ass again when it was time to become an instructor pilot.

Godspeed, Shaggy.  You are missed, brother.

Best regards,
Linda

• Like 1

Damn.  One of the biggest personalities of the 198th.  I can hear his voice as he talks at a debrief, one of his grand stories of killin snakes in his duck blinds, pearls o' wisdom while riding the crew bus, or how the Shirt was riding his ass about his sideburns (Whit was the DO then).  

A toast to the dude of 130s

Out

When we briefed for a sortie at IP school he looked at me dead ass serious and said, “Hey man, if you see any ducks we need to aim for ‘em. I’m serious, I’m gonna kill every one of them fcukers.” He was one of the best pilots I ever had the pleasure and privilege of flying with and learning from. 

His intelligence and flying skills were only trumped by his personality...he was one hell of a great dude and aviator. 

Prayers to him and his family. Tailwinds to you brother. 

-Herk

• Like 4