Marine Jets to AF Reserve or ANG

Will be selecting jet platform shortly in the Marines and just thinking long term.  Do ANG/AF reserve fighter units care about previous fighter platform much?  Wrestling with putting F-35B or Hornets at the top of my selection sheet.  Honestly, I think I may want to stay in the Marine Corps for 20, but just curious if I did make the jump if I'd be shooting myself in the foot not trying to get 35's.  I would assume that in 8 years there will be many more reserve F-35A squadrons and they would prefer a dude that flew 35-B's.  I've also assumed a lot of shit incorrectly in my life so I'm curious of the opinion of anyone in the know.  

Fly what you want. But here’s some consids:

you have a chance to not need a full TX course if you go F-35 vs. definitely needing a full TX course if you go hornets (may make a hiring decision easier)

Aren't Marine hornets in general broke as shit with MC rates in the toilet? If that’s true, that alone might make me want to go F-35. 

F-35 is the future, there will be a lot of forward movement in that jet with simultaneous stagnation (relatively) in 4th gen jets. 

In the end, what you get now will most likely not make or break your POSSIBLE future desire to work at ANG squadron X. I think you’re putting the cart well before the horse. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 8:12 PM, brabus said:

Fly what you want. But here’s some consids:

you have a chance to not need a full TX course if you go F-35 vs. definitely needing a full TX course if you go hornets (may make a hiring decision easier)

Aren't Marine hornets in general broke as shit with MC rates in the toilet? If that’s true, that alone might make me want to go F-35. 

F-35 is the future, there will be a lot of forward movement in that jet with simultaneous stagnation (relatively) in 4th gen jets. 

In the end, what you get now will most likely not make or break your POSSIBLE future desire to work at ANG squadron X. I think you’re putting the cart well before the horse. 

Yeah that's a fair statement, honestly just trying to think about the things I didn't even know to consider.  But yeah the Hornets are hurting, word is there is gonna be some depot mx soon to bring readiness up, in addition to getting Navy Legacy Hornets and the addition of Hornets from squadrons transitioning to JSF.  Who knows though.  Thanks for your insight.