T-6 Air Force trainer crashes in Texas

tedybearofdoom

Glad they are ok.  The frequency of incidents is getting old quick.  I am glad I am no longer in the T6.  Judging from the crash site location, they were likely on final.

If I remember correctly that area is outside downwind and 90 to initial corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, brabus said:

Probably ed up an ELP...flying canceled, UPT will be all sims until further notice. Also, might as well skip IFF while we’re at it. 

Quick to jump to conclusion.  Guy is a good dude and a great pilot.  

I'm not saying you are wrong, but based on the location of the incident, I'd disagree with the ELP assumption.

EDIT:

Hoping its sarcasm carried over from the ELP thread.

Edited by black hills tj

1 hour ago, YoungnDumb said:

Wonder if this will speed up the seat cartridge fixes, glad they're okay

Are your's not all updated yet? Thankfully at RND ours are... and apparently just in time.  Sounds like a perfect example of why flying with your mask down due to OBOGs should not be an acceptable "fix", had their masks been down they both would have some serious scar face going on likely now. 

• Like 2

and apparently just in time.  Sounds like a perfect example of why flying with your mask down due to OBOGs should not be an acceptable "fix", had their masks been down they both would have some serious scar face going on likely now. 

THIS! When I left SPS a couple months ago a majority of the fleet were still solo ops for the ISS.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

30 minutes ago, DirtyFlightSuit said:

Are your's not all updated yet? Thankfully at RND ours are... and apparently just in time.  Sounds like a perfect example of why flying with your mask down due to OBOGs should not be an acceptable "fix", had their masks been down they both would have some serious scar face going on likely now. 

When I left KEND only 6-9 of the jets were fixed, so things may have changed but given that it took 3.5 years to get that many fixed I'm not confident.

Judging by the pics, it looks like it went down in the field across from Holy Cross Cemetery.  Does that check with anyone there?  It's been almost a decade since I was in PIT, but doesn't that coincide with the st-in ground track?  90 to initial is more over The Forum.