2018 USAF Marathon cancelled mid race due to black flag temps

Homestar

6 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Just saw this on Facebook. Wondering if anyone on the board was running today and how high the temps got? I’ve run it twice and the weather can get hot with not very much shade. 

I was going to quip that cancelling for black flag is a pretty Air Force thing to do, but if you have first-hand knowledge that it does get brutal, guess I’ll give it a pass. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Homestar said:

Just saw this on Facebook. Wondering if anyone on the board was running today and how high the temps got? I’ve run it twice and the weather can get hot with not very much shade. 

Way too lazy to run, but the temp was 89 degrees out mowing the lawn this afternoon.  Apparently this is the summer that doesn't want to end.

I ran the half marathon. It was 88% humidity and 70 degrees at the 0830 start, but it was overcast. Then the clouds cleared around 0945 and the temp went up to 80. My garmin watch said it hit 100 degrees on my wrist. Combined with the humidity, it was pretty miserable. Most people ended up walking quite a bit towards the end. It was by far the worst running race I've ever done.

• Upvote 1