What is next for the UPT-Next graduates?

JimNtexas

14 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Do these guys get extended f-16 syllabi or do they operate under the same one as normal UPT grads? 

My money is on the abbreviated syllabus that ends with an FEB at sometime before BFM-5.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

They're in a program that's evaluating their ability to do a normal b course. Only admin flying, no grades, no bust vs. pass, etc. If the IPs think they could hack a normal b course syllabus they'll go, else they go back to phase 3 and from there it's standard syllabus (e.g. further emphasis on producing numbers and not quality pilots). As long as this is allowed to be an objective experiment, it's not a bad thing. But obviously it becomes bad if they are forced along by leadership to make the experiment a "success." 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
MooseAg ans Surely,
critique these guys/gals wings all you want.  Would you like us to critique RPA wings also?

Of course we can critique RPA wings, they are “operators” not pilots. I know because I did it for years.

My point was that they are no longer considered Undergraduate aviators if they have pilot wings, so why send them to Phase 3 UPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, MooseAg03 said:

Of course we can critique RPA wings, they are “operators” not pilots. I know because I did it for years.

My point was that they are no longer considered Undergraduate aviators if they have pilot wings, so why send them to Phase 3 UPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check above. They won't go to Phase III. They would do a T-38 TX course at Randolph that already exists for Toner Bros that get fighters later in life 

4 hours ago, Fuzz said:

"Faster but same"

Sarcasm noted.  However, AFWERX is not kidding with breaking shit and finding non-bureaucracy hindered solutions.  They've done some interesting things so far.

• Upvote 1

I have nothing against AFWERX but calling for ideas when the PTN v1.0 outbrief is still not released and making the claim to make pilots faster with the same quality is putting the cart before the horse. The degredation in quality in new pilots who actually flew planes before they got their wings is evident so I can't wait to see how these ones perform.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:18 PM, Justonethought said:

MooseAg ans Surely,

critique these guys/gals wings all you want.  Would you like us to critique RPA wings also?

Ya actually. Every time a 18x er says they are a “pilot” I have no problem pointing to their wings and correcting them.  I’ve been stuck in drones for 3 years, the 18x product is not a pilot. It’s a glorified system manager.

Do they bring a lot to the current fight? F ya they do, probably more than 95% of the current manned platforms, but do they risk life/limb? Or have the training manned dudes have? Hell no. They can’t transit frome point a to b in the AOR without having a published route, don’t get me started on system knowledge. 

Take that weak ass shit out of here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

On 9/18/2018 at 4:18 PM, Justonethought said:

MooseAg ans Surely,

Absolutely. That program has known deficiencies that kicked us dudes without basic aeronautical decision making skills that were having to be taught in the ops sq during MQT. URT being a few sims was solely about mass numbers required in the uav community. 

5 hours ago, viper154 said:

Ya actually. Every time a 18x er says they are a “pilot” I have no problem pointing to their wings and correcting them.  I’ve been stuck in drones for 3 years, the 18x product is not a pilot. It’s a glorified system manager.

Do they bring a lot to the current fight? F ya they do, probably more than 95% of the current manned platforms, but do they risk life/limb? Or have the training manned dudes have? Hell no. They can’t transit frome point a to b in the AOR without having a published route, don’t get me started on system knowledge. 

Take that weak ass shit out of here. 

Go on....

• Upvote 1