AGR Positions, call units directly?

As the title suggest, is there best way to find available flying AGR positions? Just call the units?

I read the discussion of ART positions switching to AGR positions so it seems like there "should" be more AGR spots available. Seeing as how I'm still learning Air Force-isms, I'm not for sure where exactly to look or who to talk to. 

8 of my 13 years flying in the Navy has been working in the reserve world which makes me want to find an AGR spot to keep the reserve vibe going, just having a helluva time finding said AGR spots!

Many of these "new" AGR positions are converting technician positions to AGR.  You can't legally pre-select someone but many times the most competitive person for that "new" AGR is the guy/girl that's in the technician position that was traded away for that AGR.  YMMV

With the way things are going at some of these units lately, anything is possible. A lot of these units are advertising these positions Nationwide. Years ago they would only advertise AGR positions within the unit for existing members.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk