Jump to content
Baseops Forums
Vimix22

It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, FLEA said:

You're that dude that holds everyone up for 30 minutes so you can use a coupon that expired last week at the grocery store too arent you?

When it comes to uniform items, you betcha.  Homie don't spend on uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't get the subdued spice brown patches, nametapes, etc.  It's on velcro; if you truly need to be camo'ed, just take them off, like we do with the flight suit. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of...when are the green boots and ABU/sand color tshirts banned from wearing while in the bag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speaking of...when are the green boots and ABU/sand color tshirts banned from wearing while in the bag?

Pretty sure 1 September was date for boots, 1 Jun was date for tan shirts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they forced us into green boots and tan shirts everyone was howling.  Now that we have the option to swap back to brown shirts and comfortable boots everyone is dragging their feet.  I feel like some of my fellow aircrew have stockholm syndrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drewpey said:

When they forced us into green boots and tan shirts everyone was howling.  Now that we have the option to swap back to brown shirts and comfortable boots everyone is dragging their feet.  I feel like some of my fellow aircrew have stockholm syndrome.

It’s more about the back and forth. I have a decade worth of tan t-shirts, that are now essentially garage rags. (I’ll save some of the good squadron/morale shirts for the gym). No good reason for the change, besides some desk  jockey needed a EPR/OPR bullet, and some general needed a job hook up at a supply company after his retirement. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, drewpey said:

When they forced us into green boots and tan shirts everyone was howling.  Now that we have the option to swap back to brown shirts and comfortable boots everyone is dragging their feet.  I feel like some of my fellow aircrew have stockholm syndrome.

 

What are you, new?  This isn't about which ones are better/more comfortable, it's more about just having a reason to bitch.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, drewpey said:

When they forced us into green boots and tan shirts everyone was howling.  Now that we have the option to swap back to brown shirts and comfortable boots everyone is dragging their feet.  I feel like some of my fellow aircrew have stockholm syndrome.

Bring back black boots and shirts!  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buddy Spike said:

Bring back black boots and shirts!  

Unpopular opinion...but the black boots sucked, and I'll keep saying that until the day I die.  They made a mess on your clothes when you packed them in your bag or rubbed them on anything not black, they were fucking hot and didn't breathe at all, and not all of us are the internet badass most of you are who claimed to strut around in scuffed up boots and tell every chief and FGO to fuck off when you get gigged on your boots.  I like no maintenance clothing I never have to think about...and the black boots were far from that.  Now if you want a black pair of Lowas or Salomons then I'm listening.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drewpey said:

Unpopular opinion...but the black boots sucked, and I'll keep saying that until the day I die.  They made a mess on your clothes when you packed them in your bag or rubbed them on anything not black, they were ing hot and didn't breathe at all, and not all of us are the internet badass most of you are who claimed to strut around in scuffed up boots and tell every chief and FGO to off when you get gigged on your boots.  I like no maintenance clothing I never have to think about...and the black boots were far from that.  Now if you want a black pair of Lowas or Salomons then I'm listening.

Agreed. My black boots were super comfortable when they were broken in and certainly looked better, but the fact that I haven’t thought about shoe shine in 12+ years makes up for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the brown boots, but the tan shirt should have remained optional tan or brown and just stop selling/issueing the tan ones and let the transistipn occur gradually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the OCP would be a great uniform to bring back the black undershirt in also. Especially considering there is some black in the pattern itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think the OCP would be a great uniform to bring back the black undershirt in also. Especially considering there is some black in the pattern itself.

General Milley approves...

ac272d45e21e5bb7cc1ac2ce1d7b5f2f.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness, I honestly had no idea there was a uniform change until this thread today.  Doesn't seem to be a thing here yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought they pushed that shit back to 2021 or 2022 or something. Whatever. 

Edited by SurelySerious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Runr6730 said:

Agreed. My black boots were super comfortable when they were broken in and certainly looked better, but the fact that I haven’t thought about shoe shine in 12+ years makes up for it. 

The fuck?  People shined their black boots?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember in UPT phase 1/2 getting reemed for not shiny enough boots. No fucks given by anyone during phase 3 and throughout the rest of my illustrious black boot career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are some comfortable under shirts you guys use? The squadron issued coyote brown ones are garbage and I will spend on good, comfortable undershirts that don’t make living in Florida extra hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$$$$ massif and dri-fire make fire retardant moisture wicking shirts that I like. The dri-fire are softer and lighter but the massif are more durable.

$ on Amazon, Soffe makes some nice cotton ones

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Thought they pushed that shit back to 2021 or 2022 or something. Whatever. 

 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:29 PM, jrizzell said:


Pretty sure 1 September was date for boots, 1 Jun was date for tan shirts

Unfortunately I was blindly listening to an individual who got “Chiefed” at a retirement ceremony about the brown boots and Flight suit. The reg says mandatory wear on 01 Apr 2021...good thing I bought them last week. However, the coyote brown (tan 499) shirts are required.

When you work on staff, you’ve got lots of time to worry about the important stuff....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure 1 September was date for boots, 1 Jun was date for tan shirts
Green boots are still good. They're still issuing green boots at UPT bases with no idea when brown boots will come in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, brabus said:

I remember in UPT phase 1/2 getting reemed for not shiny enough boots. No fucks given by anyone during phase 3 and throughout the rest of my illustrious black boot career. 

Had no idea that was a thing.  Glad I missed out on it.

I know that logic is forbidden when you're getting 'chiefed' (especially as a student), but did anybody ever try telling the aggressor that shoe polish is petroleum based?  Coating yourself in a  highly flammable substance kinda goes against the entire utilitarian purpose of a flight suit.

At least it would make emergency ground egresses more entertaining for the tower/SOF.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Had no idea that was a thing.  Glad I missed out on it.

I know that logic is forbidden when you're getting 'chiefed' (especially as a student), but did anybody ever try telling the aggressor that shoe polish is petroleum based?  Coating yourself in a  highly flammable substance kinda goes against the entire utilitarian purpose of a flight suit.

At least it would make emergency ground egresses more entertaining for the tower/SOF.

 

And A-2 jackets aren't fire retardant, yet plenty of aircrew fly with them. Silly debate with a nonner.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But looking cool keeps flames off of you. Don’t you know anything?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...