It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

12 hours ago, FLEA said:

You're that dude that holds everyone up for 30 minutes so you can use a coupon that expired last week at the grocery store too arent you?

When it comes to uniform items, you betcha.  Homie don't spend on uniforms.

I really don't get the subdued spice brown patches, nametapes, etc.  It's on velcro; if you truly need to be camo'ed, just take them off, like we do with the flight suit. 

• Upvote 6

When they forced us into green boots and tan shirts everyone was howling.  Now that we have the option to swap back to brown shirts and comfortable boots everyone is dragging their feet.  I feel like some of my fellow aircrew have stockholm syndrome.

1 hour ago, drewpey said:

When they forced us into green boots and tan shirts everyone was howling.  Now that we have the option to swap back to brown shirts and comfortable boots everyone is dragging their feet.  I feel like some of my fellow aircrew have stockholm syndrome.

It’s more about the back and forth. I have a decade worth of tan t-shirts, that are now essentially garage rags. (I’ll save some of the good squadron/morale shirts for the gym). No good reason for the change, besides some desk  jockey needed a EPR/OPR bullet, and some general needed a job hook up at a supply company after his retirement. 

8 hours ago, drewpey said:

What are you, new?  This isn't about which ones are better/more comfortable, it's more about just having a reason to bitch.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, drewpey said:

Bring back black boots and shirts!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Buddy Spike said:

Bring back black boots and shirts!  

Unpopular opinion...but the black boots sucked, and I'll keep saying that until the day I die.  They made a mess on your clothes when you packed them in your bag or rubbed them on anything not black, they were fucking hot and didn't breathe at all, and not all of us are the internet badass most of you are who claimed to strut around in scuffed up boots and tell every chief and FGO to fuck off when you get gigged on your boots.  I like no maintenance clothing I never have to think about...and the black boots were far from that.  Now if you want a black pair of Lowas or Salomons then I'm listening.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, drewpey said:

Unpopular opinion...but the black boots sucked, and I'll keep saying that until the day I die.  They made a mess on your clothes when you packed them in your bag or rubbed them on anything not black, they were ing hot and didn't breathe at all, and not all of us are the internet badass most of you are who claimed to strut around in scuffed up boots and tell every chief and FGO to off when you get gigged on your boots.  I like no maintenance clothing I never have to think about...and the black boots were far from that.  Now if you want a black pair of Lowas or Salomons then I'm listening.

Agreed. My black boots were super comfortable when they were broken in and certainly looked better, but the fact that I haven’t thought about shoe shine in 12+ years makes up for it. 

I think the OCP would be a great uniform to bring back the black undershirt in also. Especially considering there is some black in the pattern itself.

General Milley approves...

ac272d45e21e5bb7cc1ac2ce1d7b5f2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Runr6730 said:

Agreed. My black boots were super comfortable when they were broken in and certainly looked better, but the fact that I haven’t thought about shoe shine in 12+ years makes up for it. 

The fuck?  People shined their black boots?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Thought they pushed that shit back to 2021 or 2022 or something. Whatever. 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:29 PM, jrizzell said:

Pretty sure 1 September was date for boots, 1 Jun was date for tan shirts

Unfortunately I was blindly listening to an individual who got “Chiefed” at a retirement ceremony about the brown boots and Flight suit. The reg says mandatory wear on 01 Apr 2021...good thing I bought them last week. However, the coyote brown (tan 499) shirts are required.

When you work on staff, you’ve got lots of time to worry about the important stuff....

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, brabus said:

I remember in UPT phase 1/2 getting reemed for not shiny enough boots. No fucks given by anyone during phase 3 and throughout the rest of my illustrious black boot career. 

Had no idea that was a thing.  Glad I missed out on it.

I know that logic is forbidden when you're getting 'chiefed' (especially as a student), but did anybody ever try telling the aggressor that shoe polish is petroleum based?  Coating yourself in a  highly flammable substance kinda goes against the entire utilitarian purpose of a flight suit.

At least it would make emergency ground egresses more entertaining for the tower/SOF.

2 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Had no idea that was a thing.  Glad I missed out on it.

I know that logic is forbidden when you're getting 'chiefed' (especially as a student), but did anybody ever try telling the aggressor that shoe polish is petroleum based?  Coating yourself in a  highly flammable substance kinda goes against the entire utilitarian purpose of a flight suit.

At least it would make emergency ground egresses more entertaining for the tower/SOF.

And A-2 jackets aren't fire retardant, yet plenty of aircrew fly with them. Silly debate with a nonner.

• Downvote 2