Baseops Forums
Vimix22

It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Blasphemous rant.

Nope.
Black boots rock because that’s what they used for GENERATIONS since the very beginning. And my old Addisons took so little effort that it was completely negligible. I’d go back in a heartbeat. Actually I do occasionally get to fly in some throwback black Addison boots and I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

If you ever see a red-haired captain in the OCPs with "spice" rank and name tapes you quickly realize which "spice" the thread is.

It’s pumpkin spice brown.

The key with the black boots was that the AFI never said they had to be shined do or polished. Shoes assumed the BDU rules applied to the flightsuit and harassed appropriately. It’s the same thing with the A2CU right now. Say “noted” and move on.

Edited by Breckey
  • Upvote 3

Black boots and under shirts looked cooler.

Retention for pilots is more about money than anything else.

AF problems solved.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scooter14 said:

If anyone out there has local guidance on the wear of the A2CU day-to-day, please PM me.

As in authorizing it for day-to-day wear or details on how to wear it (patch placement, etc.)?

As in authorizing it for day-to-day wear or details on how to wear it (patch placement, etc.)?

Authorizing it for day to day wear. The MAJCOM guidance I recall from AMC and ANG back in July said “not for in garrison wear”.

Understandable before the OCP change on Oct 1st.

I was wondering if anyone has either seen that policy change or if anyone has a local policy in place that could be plagiarized.

I can't imagine what would be in local guidance that wouldn't be covered in the current 36-2903.  In my neck of the woods we had local guidance, but everyone moved on to the AF rules without any official word to do so.

15 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Just do what makes sense.

What makes sense?  Are you sure we're in the same Air Force? 

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 1