It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

• 5 months later...

So what are E-9s out doing these days as part of the OCP flightsuit uniform police? I miss getting Chiefed ever since I started wearing the two-piece a couple days a week. With the green bag I used to get talked to for rolling up my sleeves until that became legal again, so then I started leaving both lower cap pockets unzipped, but that didn’t seem to catch any E-9s outside of Maxwell. Somebody please help me out. I don’t know how much longer I can go without being “mentored”. I’m really starting to wonder if they care about me anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Haha 3

Wear the ball cap. 

Ha ha. I didn’t realize that was a hot topic item. Thanks for the tip! At my Guard base everyone wears them.

Just to be clear this is for those times I’m out in the system or deployed. I’m at one of the few remaining “old guard” units and no one here cares about stupid stuff like that.

Ha ha. I didn’t realize that was a hot topic item. Thanks for the tip! At my Guard base everyone wears them.

Just to be clear this is for those times I’m out in the system or deployed. I’m at one of the few remaining “old guard” units and no one here cares about stupid stuff like that.

Only works TDY. Down range the ball caps are approved.

Other ideas, if you have combat shirts, wearing them stateside without body armor is another good way to get chiefed.

Lol, I feel like this deserves it's own thread.  Our base doesn't work Fridays, so our "Friday shirt" is actually a Thursday shirt.  Of course we launch most of our X/Cs or squadron TDYs on a Thursday, so we get lots of double takes when we land at an AD base.  

On 2/3/2020 at 12:49 PM, Duck said:

So what are E-9s out doing these days as part of the OCP flightsuit uniform police? I miss getting Chiefed ever since I started wearing the two-piece a couple days a week. With the green bag I used to get talked to for rolling up my sleeves until that became legal again, so then I started leaving both lower cap pockets unzipped, but that didn’t seem to catch any E-9s outside of Maxwell. Somebody please help me out. I don’t know how much longer I can go without being “mentored”. I’m really starting to wonder if they care about me anymore.

Complaining about having nothing to complain about...saltiness level: expert

• Haha 3

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Lord forbid we just use blue lettering.  What asshat has stock in the company that makes spice brown thread?

Or the black like the Army? I still want to know who thought it was a good idea to make most of our ranks be that spice brown so you can’t tell what they are until it’s too late?

Or the black like the Army? I still want to know who thought it was a good idea to make most of our ranks be that spice brown so you can’t tell what they are until it’s too late?

Yes this.

Esp for Colonels and above. Plus spice brown Capt rank is wrong.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Soooo....I'm sure there are other thrifty folks out there....

I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UL9GRJI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

to dye my stash of fancy XGO $50 ultrathin fire retardantshirts from sand to "chocolate coyote brown".  Roughly 6 shirts per bottle.  More to follow on how well it holds up, but good enough for government work!

shirts.thumb.jpg.0ac7476cc0c6afac2f0b1dae5ba14cee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drewpey said:

Soooo....I'm sure there are other thrifty folks out there....

I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UL9GRJI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

to dye my stash of fancy XGO $50 ultrathin fire retardantshirts from sand to "chocolate coyote brown".  Roughly 6 shirts per bottle.  More to follow on how well it holds up, but good enough for government work!

shirts.thumb.jpg.0ac7476cc0c6afac2f0b1dae5ba14cee.jpg

You're that dude that holds everyone up for 30 minutes so you can use a coupon that expired last week at the grocery store too arent you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1