It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

49 minutes ago, Majestik Møøse said:

The brown captain’s bars are the worst. While the 1Lt and LtCol are still black. I’d love to hear the reasoning. And of course the Army uses black captain rank on OCPs.

I’m sure the reasoning in some test group was “we don’t want to look like the army”. 

I’m sure the reasoning in some test group was “we don’t want to look like the army”. 

So go back to the BDU rank and name tape color scheme. Different than the army, and it would look a lot better than our current scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/20/2018 at 10:47 PM, Scooter14 said:

I sure hope they don't go full retard and try and take the bags.

It’ll never happen, and this is why...

Every student pilot starts off in an ejection seat aircraft, so every student pilot will continue to get regular flight suits and wear them at their first duty station.

Plus, the fighter mafia runs the Air Force, so they will never let the one piece leave the normal rotation.

It’s all about the supply chain. Ejection seat bubbas across the US military all need to wear one piece flight suits, which means they’ll always be in the supply system. They may become a little more difficult to procure at a helo or AFSOC base, but they’ll never ever go away.

Following completion of testing, I am expecting to authorize use of the two-piece flight suit for ejection seat aircraft this summer. Aircrew and commanders will have either option available and commanders can decide which is most appropriate for mission success.

Mark my words, once they're authorized for ejection seat aircraft, we'll all be wearing them in due time.  Scooter, I think they'll use your reasoning in reverse and say it's a cost savings issue and make bags go away.  But it's just another move in the direction of everyone is the same.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Majestik Møøse said:

The brown captain’s bars are the worst. While the 1Lt and LtCol are still black. I’d love to hear the reasoning. And of course the Army uses black captain rank on OCPs.

That’s exactly why we’re using spice brown. God forbid we get mistaken for being the Army....ya know, after we shamelessly stole their uniform

On 4/28/2019 at 6:03 AM, SocialD said:

Mark my words, once they're authorized for ejection seat aircraft, we'll all be wearing them in due time.  Scooter, I think they'll use your reasoning in reverse and say it's a cost savings issue and make bags go away.  But it's just another move in the direction of everyone is the same.  

Stupid question from a former maintainer: What happens when somebody has to eject with the two-piece; will their pants end up around their ankles when the seat separates and the chute finally pops?   Will there be special suspenders involved to prevent this, especially for those whom are a bit more portly in the midsection?  Complete elimination of the bag and everyone in the exact same uniform is like the Holy Grail of Shoedom, safety and mission requirements be dammed.  Just throwing this nugget out for discussion.... 

Stupid question from a former maintainer: What happens when somebody has to eject with the two-piece; will their pants end up around their ankles when the seat separates and the chute finally pops?   Will there be special suspenders involved to prevent this, especially for those whom are a bit more portly in the midsection?  Complete elimination of the bag and everyone in the exact same uniform is like the Holy Grail of Shoedom, safety and mission requirements be dammed.  Just throwing this nugget out for discussion.... 

That can’t happen if they parachute is worn correctly with the leg straps on. If the leg straps aren’t on then it won’t matter since the poor bastard will just fall out of the parachute harness and separate from the parachute.

4 hours ago, jazzdude said:

Parachute harness has leg straps, pants aren't going anywhere. Bigger issue in my mind is the belt under a g-suit

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Unless something changed, the belt is optional on the A2CU. It has the old BDU style cinches on the sides of the waist to it tighten up.

Unless something changed, the belt is optional on the A2CU. It has the old BDU style cinches on the sides of the waist to it tighten up.
At least the latest guidance has the belt being required, not sure if it was different before.

1 hour ago, jazzdude said:

At least the latest guidance has the belt being required, not sure if it was different before.

FDU guidance doesn’t let me walk around wearing a g-suit, parachute, helmet, survival vest, or full-scale airplane backpack. Taking off or putting on a belt after flight isn’t really an issue. We’re better than getting hung up on that.

That said, it would be a shame to lose the bag to an equally or less functional garment.  A distinctive flying uniform has its value in an organization that Americans count on to fly, fight, and win. 

Edited by jice
Phrasing
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, StoleIt said:

If it helps, the Army already started using a new uniform that isn't multicam. Granted...they are very similar.

The Air Force is using the new uniform that the army switched over to. 

It’s been a while since I’ve worn a g-suit, but I can’t imagine it would be great with the OCPs even sans belt. The big button in front for the pants and the two small metal buckles on the sides for waist size adjustment would surely start to dig in after a while. Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FDU guidance doesn’t let me walk around wearing a g-suit, parachute, helmet, survival vest, or full-scale airplane backpack. Taking off or putting on a belt after flight isn’t really an issue. We’re better than getting hung up on that.
That said, it would be a shame to lose the bag to an equally or less functional garment.  A distinctive flying uniform has its value in an organization that Americans count on to fly, fight, and win. 

Totally on board with what your saying. I guess what I was trying to say is that the AFE equipment was designed around the flightsuit, and that's the likely limfac for ejection seat aircraft.
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody have a source yet for the pumpkin spice brown A-2 patches? Also while it says "MAJCOM or equivalent" for the A-2 patch has anybody had any issues wearing the generic "US Air Force" patch? We're getting shoe'd hard here and I'd rather not buy two of every MAJCOM patch for when I want to wear the A-2 with either the bag or the two-piece flight suits.

7 hours ago, Breckey said:

Anybody have a source yet for the pumpkin spice brown A-2 patches? Also while it says "MAJCOM or equivalent" for the A-2 patch has anybody had any issues wearing the generic "US Air Force" patch? We're getting shoe'd hard here and I'd rather not buy two of every MAJCOM patch for when I want to wear the A-2 with either the bag or the two-piece flight suits.

Tell the shoes to fuck off. 

• Like 5

On 5/24/2019 at 7:38 PM, viper154 said:

Tell the shoes to fuck off. 

Fact.  People getting worried if they got the right thread color in patches.  Fuck it, no one knows for at least 2 years what's right or not.  Have fun.

I wish this was made up but deploying to Afghanistan last year, we had to have the Velcro rank for our multi cam ball caps that were allowed in the AOR. By a simple oversight, a lot of the “silver” rank was threaded with blue thread instead of the approved black thread. We didn’t notice, and frankly didn’t care because in the grand scheme of things, who really gives a fuck? Well apparently the deployed leadership gives a fuck and shortly after they noticed our transgressions (about a month into the deployment), we were given black sharpies and told to fix ourselves.  I used to think the only thing certain was death and taxes, but apparently “shoes gonna shoe” is also a certainty. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, mp5g said:

I wish this was made up but deploying to Afghanistan last year, we had to have the Velcro rank for our multi cam ball caps that were allowed in the AOR. By a simple oversight, a lot of the “silver” rank was threaded with blue thread instead of the approved black thread. We didn’t notice, and frankly didn’t care because in the grand scheme of things, who really gives a fuck? Well apparently the deployed leadership gives a fuck and shortly after they noticed our transgressions (about a month into the deployment), we were given black sharpies and told to fix ourselves.  I used to think the only thing certain was death and taxes, but apparently “shoes gonna shoe” is also a certainty. 

1) Did that leadership move over from the Died circa '08.

2) "Shoes gonna shoe" is going on the whiteboard at work.

• 2 months later...

Bros... ole Army rotor dude here. Hired by ANG tankers about to start drilling next month. Lots of non rated folks are still wearing the gray nasties at my unit. All of the flyers wore green bags. Didn’t see anyone wearing a two piece multi cam. The two piece is mehhh okay I guess. I’ve only been able to wear a 1 piece bag one time in my army aviation career long ago. It was awesome and I look forward to wearing a bag soon. Anyway, I’m not planning on buying gray nasties and will wear my 2 piece unit I get issued a gam or go to school. For you 2 piece bros out there, do you blouse the pants? The Army made the flyers blouse the pants outside of flying and it was the stupidest thing ever.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app