It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

Blasphemous rant.

Nope.
Black boots rock because that’s what they used for GENERATIONS since the very beginning. And my old Addisons took so little effort that it was completely negligible. I’d go back in a heartbeat. Actually I do occasionally get to fly in some throwback black Addison boots and I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

It’s pumpkin spice brown.

The key with the black boots was that the AFI never said they had to be shined do or polished. Shoes assumed the BDU rules applied to the flightsuit and harassed appropriately. It’s the same thing with the A2CU right now. Say “noted” and move on.

Edited by Breckey
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Scooter14 said:

If anyone out there has local guidance on the wear of the A2CU day-to-day, please PM me.

As in authorizing it for day-to-day wear or details on how to wear it (patch placement, etc.)?

As in authorizing it for day-to-day wear or details on how to wear it (patch placement, etc.)?

Authorizing it for day to day wear. The MAJCOM guidance I recall from AMC and ANG back in July said “not for in garrison wear”.

Understandable before the OCP change on Oct 1st.

I was wondering if anyone has either seen that policy change or if anyone has a local policy in place that could be plagiarized.

• 3 months later...

AFI36-2903 (Updated 23 April 2019)

(Change) 8.9. Footwear (Men’s and Women’s Flight Boots). Sage Green or Coyote Brown boots may be worn with the FDU. Tan or Coyote Brown boots will be worn with the DFDU. Zipper inserts may be worn, however they will be without design. [NOTE: Effective 1 Apr 2021, only Coyote Brown boots are authorized with the FDU/DFDU.] [NOTE: Only items approved as Safe-to-Fly will be worn during flying operations.

11 hours ago, AFsock said:

We ops checked the leather jacket and OCPs today.  It looks even worse than you could imagine.

I will self report to SAPR for this post in the morning gang. I can only imagine how to make the OCPs and leather jacket actually look good together:

6aDO.gif

Edited by Shazaam
  • Haha 1

Brown boots with the bag? Marines have been doing it for years. Doesn't look worse than the sage green boots. Leather jacket with OCP? Oh the humanity!
My green boots are shot and I don't want to start breaking in new ones, so I've been rocking brown boots since last fall; only like two people even noticed!

On the other hand I have seen one guy with the leather jacket and OCP's and he looked retarded.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, kaputt said:

Now lets get rid of the invisible spice brown rank as well.

The brown captain’s bars are the worst. While the 1Lt and LtCol are still black. I’d love to hear the reasoning. And of course the Army uses black captain rank on OCPs.

Edited by Majestik Møøse