It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

So the draft memo had coyote boots as the only boots with the green bag starting in 2021. A-2 jacket would be allowed with the two piece as well.

Glad to hear the leather jacket isn’t getting killed but truth be told that Massif jacket is the most comfortable uniform jacket I’ve ever had.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Champ Kind said:

Glad to hear the leather jacket isn’t getting killed but truth be told that Massif jacket is the most comfortable uniform jacket I’ve ever had.

Second on the leather. It would be nice to get the Massif issued in my neck of the woods but the wing/ra is being a pia and comes up with some bs. But then again we are afraid of passing full guidance on the OCP as wel or getting the correct patches made ASAP. 

Edited by cragspider
Adding more schenigans from base.

13 hours ago, BADFNZ said:

Can we go back to this brown boots with green bags topic?  Is this a thing?  If so I'm making the switch tomorrow.  it, I'll do it anyways.  Good talk boys!

Last I saw they took that line out of the AFI. So I'm not sure what the current green/coyote status is....

Can we go back to this brown boots with green bags topic?  Is this a thing?  If so I'm making the switch tomorrow.  it, I'll do it anyways.  Good talk boys!

The footwear portion of 36-2903 for the bag says any boot in [insert range of paragraphs here].

The new memo adds the brown boots to one of those paragraphs.

I have been wearing my brown boots with my bag for about a month now.

Yeah. I think it’s dumb as hell. I wish we’d go back to the dark blue rank and name tapes from the BDU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

Yeah. I think it’s dumb as hell. I wish we’d go back to the dark blue rank and name tapes from the BDU.

And black boots with the green bag!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Skitzo said:

Is anyone else finding it weird to see Captains and Colonels and Generals with brown rank? 4273e8f126045a04f1e95ee957c99ab6.jpg

Second Captenant?

I don't know what they were thinking.  Why does the AF have to try to be different and make "uniform" items unique?...and thus harder to find.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, raimius said:

I don't know what they were thinking.  Why does the AF have to try to be different and make "uniform" items unique?...and thus harder to find.

Just sent some brown USAF OCP captain's rank to a friend downrange.  Couldn't find them at the uniform shop, they only had the black ones (which I thought were Army, but they were listed as USAF at Lackland).  Ended up going to KelLac to get them...

Maybe we should all just blow off saluting as well under the guise of “oh, I’m sorry sir/ma’am, I could not see your rank.”

That would upset the shoe clerks so much that they would be forced to take action.

I 100% agree with whoever said we should go back to the same blue thread we used for BDUs and ABUs.

Or, just use black because your shirt says US AIR FORCE anyway.

Spice brown is stupid.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:48 PM, Tank said:

And black boots with the green bag!

The black boots sucked.  Sure it looked good at the time, and mine were totally comfortable, but they were a pain in the ass and everyone has this romanticized memory of them.

1. They required even a minimal amount of maintenance (except for the internet badasses who will claim they never did any boot maintenance--sureok)

2. They didn't stand up to even minor abuse of being on the flightline, and the leather would easily damage and gouge out

3. The wax on the boots got all over your shit when you packed them in your bags

4. The boots got fucking hot if you spent any time outside or standing around on a tarmac.

5. It was just another reason for chiefs and shoes to run around being an assholes to the vulnerable airmen and LTs who get separated from the herd

6. They looked like shit unless they were well maintained, which they almost never were

7. for fucks sake you had to wax them...what century is this?

Yeah I had several pairs of comfortable black boots, but I've had comfortable sets of green boots.  However none of them hold a flame to a nice pair or Lowa or Salomon boots.  Shit keeps getting better, and everyone is pining for the good old days of shining black boots like they don't have anything better to do.

%2521%2521_mugato_crazypills.jpg

• Upvote 5