It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

Coyote tan boots? Shirts? And patches for every bag wearing schmuck out there?  Yeah, I am sticking to my estimated timeline  😂

what I mean is: it took like three years to phase in green boots.  Why would coyote tan be any different?

Edited by Homestar

32 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Coyote tan boots? Shirts? And patches for every bag wearing schmuck out there?  Yeah, I am sticking to my estimated timeline  😂

what I mean is: it took like three years to phase in green boots.  Why would coyote tan be any different?

Sorry, was going off of my world where we're about 25% green bag wearing and the rest are A2CU for many years now. 

An interesting note on the A2CU

(Add) 8.12.3.8. Unit shoulder patches must be removed during flight operations.

Wonder how many units actually follow this.

Also I thought I read somewhere that the coyote brown boots mandatory wear date is June 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Bode said:

An interesting note on the A2CU

(Add) 8.12.3.8. Unit shoulder patches must be removed during flight operations.

Wonder how many units actually follow this.

Also I thought I read somewhere that the coyote brown boots mandatory wear date is June 2021.

They cut/paste the AFCENT A2CU guidance into 'current guidance'.   Most of it is bullshit and we have been told an updated version is on the way removing the convenience stop stuff amongst other shit.  

Queeped out and noticed the 13July2018 AFGM2018-02 for AFI36-2903 6.4.3.2 has a change that says: “On  1 June  2020,  Coyote  Brown boots  will  be  worn with the  OCP  and the flight  duty  uniform.”

The updated 28 September 2018 AFGM2018-03 6.4.3.2 part removes the “and flight duty uniform” from the add.

Guess it’ll probably change again if this coyote boot/brown patch rumor is true, but it seems the AFGM/AFI change was in the opposite direction to the latest rumor. 

• Upvote 1

Queeped out and noticed the 13July2018 AFGM2018-02 for AFI36-2903 6.4.3.2 has a change that says: “On  1 June  2020,  Coyote  Brown boots  will  be  worn with the  OCP  and the flight  duty  uniform.”
The updated 28 September 2018 AFGM2018-03 6.4.3.2 part removes the “and flight duty uniform” from the add.
Guess it’ll probably change again if this coyote boot/brown patch rumor is true, but it seems the AFGM/AFI change was in the opposite direction to the latest rumor. 
I noticed that too, I have been wearing brown boots with my flight suit for the last month just waiting for someone to say something so I could slap them in the face with the AFI. I was bummed when I realized they took that part out. Still wearing brown boots though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They go in the same place as on the ABU’s and BDU’s before that. You have the choice of either adding velcro for the wings, or sewing everything on (wings, tapes, rank)

I’m surprised you’re allowed pin on.

It’s not in the Army specifically because it “negates fire protection” by no measurable and meaningful amount.

Not sure where you got pin on from my post, I expressly stated sew on or velcro...

Ah I misread that, yeah that makes more sense.

Fair warning, the Velcro they use isn’t high quality. If you wash your stuff with the tapes/ranks in place it’ll fray at the stitching holding the back on after a while. If you remove the Velcro every time you wash it will quickly turn the Velcro it’s self weak and probably tear the stitching up as well. I’ve got it both ways for sewn on for “regular” and Velcro for “beater.”

The prisoners making our uniforms are really sh!t seamstresses.

If I was the CSAF, I would have just used the Marine Corps uniform despite their patent. Have some AF nerds replace their emblem with ours in the uniform pattern and bam. Think the Marines would sue the AF? Nope, they couldn't spell "sew" in court.

They did “sue” the Navy over that exact COA (and somehow won which I don’t get).

Really the Marine thing is just stupid. They did the equivalent of the kid that gets handed the candy licking it all and saying the other kids couldn’t have any. Especially considering all they did was steal a Canadian pattern and with the help of some Army money “develop” and patent a unique pattern like we hadn’t been wearing the same pattern at the time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

Ah I misread that, yeah that makes more sense.

Fair warning, the Velcro they use isn’t high quality. If you wash your stuff with the tapes/ranks in place it’ll fray at the stitching holding the back on after a while. If you remove the Velcro every time you wash it will quickly turn the Velcro it’s self weak and probably tear the stitching up as well. I’ve got it both ways for sewn on for “regular” and Velcro for “beater.”

The prisoners making our uniforms are really sh!t seamstresses.

For some reason it’s only the name/AF tape Velcro that sucks. Taking a patch off the arms is about as hard as getting your drunk recently divorced buddy to leave the strip club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a new guidance memo, with parts effective 15 January 19...OCP patches authorized on the FDU. Color patches still authorized. The stupid part is that they’re writing the reg to make bag patch wear mirror the OCP set up. Get ready to wear your squadron patch on the left and and wing/WIC/TPS/flag on the right. 

1 minute ago, 08Dawg said:

Just saw a new guidance memo, with parts effective 15 January 19...OCP patches authorized on the FDU. Color patches still authorized. The stupid part is that they’re writing the reg to make bag patch wear mirror the OCP set up. Get ready to wear your squadron patch on the left and and wing/WIC/TPS/flag on the right. 

Stupid. 

11 minutes ago, 08Dawg said:

In the last 2 years my wing has gone from from left shoulder IR flag, to right shoulder IR flag, to right OCP pattern flag, to this brown pumpkin spice flag. Each change has cost he squadron a few thousand a pop to re issue new flags. 

But I’m sure their aren’t more important things to focus on, like doing our jobs or pilot retention.