It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

On 10/21/2018 at 12:14 AM, Standby said:

Massif jackets are 428 at GSA pricing. I’ve already got 4 Massif jackets in my house...not trying to make the gubment buy me another. If I can wear an ABU print jacket with a flight suit, not sure why I couldn’t wear a multi cam print. 

I find the Massif jacket much better in the cockpit than our old school flight jackets.  Only downside is everyone's jacket is starting to get ripped/worn through where the HMCS and oxygen clips to the harness.  With the old jackets our AFE shop would sew a patch of leather on our sleeves...I doubt that works for the massif jacket.  Small price to pay for comfort.

I have a non flying gig because I shacked my gate months. I still receive flight pay and I have to pass my yearly flight physical of course to maintain my flight pay. I figured you bros can back me up or throw some knowledge darts at me to see if a GP/CC can tell me wearing my bag is a no go.  As a rated officer, I assume I can tell him to read the AFI. However, I'm a bit confused  due to some of the things in the AFI. My aeronautical orders are inactive due to my job until I return to a platform. A few of your darts will help me look at this objectively as to whether fight the good fight or not. I retire in 2 years so I'm highly inclined to not care at all. Of course I will follow the letter of the law. Thanks for any help or a good old STFU and color.

AFI 36-2903: 8.2.1.    The  FDU/DFDU  is  authorized functional  clothing  for  wear  by  individuals  who perfrom  flying, parachutist, space  and missile  crew  duties:   Flight  duty  included preparation, preflight, in-flight, post-flight,  and  other  flight related  duties  associated  with  aircraft operations.  The  FDU/DFDU  is  authorized for  wear  by  personnel  with an  Aircrew  Position Identifier  (API)  1 thru  9 and A  thru G  (Rated  Officers, Career  Enlisted Aviators  (CEA) 1AXXX, and 1U0XX).  

8.2.3.    Personnel  not  on active  aeronautical  orders  are restricted  to  flight-related  and  space and missile  crew  duties  only.   Exception:   Space and  missile crew  FDU/DFDU  wear guidance  will be  outlined  in  MAJCOM  supplements  to  this  instruction. 

8.3.5.    Limited  Wear.   Wing  commanders  or  equivalent may  prescribe  further  limits  on  the wear  of  FDUs  based on  mission  requirements  and in the  interest  of  health  and  welfare of their  personnel. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I have a non flying gig because I shacked my gate months. I still receive flight pay and I have to pass my yearly flight physical of course to maintain my flight pay. I figured you bros can back me up or throw some knowledge darts at me to see if a GP/CC can tell me wearing my bag is a no go.  As a rated officer, I assume I can tell him to read the AFI. However, I'm a bit confused  due to some of the things in the AFI. My aeronautical orders are inactive due to my job until I return to a platform. A few of your darts will help me look at this objectively as to whether fight the good fight or not. I retire in 2 years so I'm highly inclined to not care at all. Of course I will follow the letter of the law. Thanks for any help or a good old STFU and color.

AFI 36-2903: 8.2.1.    The  FDU/DFDU  is  authorized functional  clothing  for  wear  by  individuals  who perfrom  flying, parachutist, space  and missile  crew  duties:   Flight  duty  included preparation, preflight, in-flight, post-flight,  and  other  flight related  duties  associated  with  aircraft operations.  The  FDU/DFDU  is  authorized for  wear  by  personnel  with an  Aircrew  Position Identifier  (API)  1 thru  9 and A  thru G  (Rated  Officers, Career  Enlisted Aviators  (CEA) 1AXXX, and 1U0XX).  

8.2.3.    Personnel  not  on active  aeronautical  orders  are restricted  to  flight-related  and  space and missile  crew  duties  only.   Exception:   Space and  missile crew  FDU/DFDU  wear guidance  will be  outlined  in  MAJCOM  supplements  to  this  instruction. 

8.3.5.    Limited  Wear.   Wing  commanders  or  equivalent may  prescribe  further  limits  on  the wear  of  FDUs  based on  mission  requirements  and in the  interest  of  health  and  welfare of their  personnel. 

What is your API code?

• Upvote 1

It is coded as a 0 on the SURF which correlates to STFU and color. Thanks. 

Is your CC questioning you about wearing a bag? Or are you just trying to not rock the boat? Can always wear it until it becomes an issue...unless your the only one in the cube farm doing it ;)

13 minutes ago, jrizzell said:

Is your CC questioning you about wearing a bag? Or are you just trying to not rock the boat? Can always wear it until it becomes an issue...unless your the only one in the cube farm doing it 😉

Apparently, said CC asked the GP/CC if wearing the bag would be okay. He of course said it's a "no go." I never asked my CC whether I have permission or not to wear the bag because I just came off of permissive house hunting. Said CC initiated this conversation on my behalf for some reason with the GP/CC. Why? I don't know. None of them are flyers so that probably sums up the sentiment why this subject was bought up. The bag intimidates people period. Any pilot dawning the bag commands respect in my opinion. People don't like that....

Edited by HarleyQuinn

14 hours ago, Hopefulflyer389 said:

May be worth noting, my recent trip to Wright-Patt consisted of a 3-4 page survey during the psych evaluation that asked 2 questions in various ways: 1) prefer the bag over the OCP and 2) does money contribute to the decision to join and to stay in. 

If you fucked that up, my fellow card carrying members of the Bag Protection Association (BPA), will find you. Hopefully we’ll be able to pay our dues if you answered question 2 correctly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

If you fucked that up, my fellow card carrying members of the Bag Protection Association (BPA), will find you. Hopefully we’ll be able to pay our dues if you answered question 2 correctly.

I didn’t let you down papa!! All of us selected bags and we all voiced that during the testing. 

I am confused, why are they testing Disco/hipster bags if they are planning on taking them away?

Maybe because they are not taking the green bags away...

The guidance I got from AMC and ANG says anyone on aeronautical orders will maintain a sage green FDU.

The only people I have seen/heard talking about the green bags going away are people on Baseops.net freaking out about heritage and looking cool.
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Scooter14 said:

Maybe because they are not taking the green bags away...

The guidance I got from AMC and ANG says anyone on aeronautical orders will maintain a sage green FDU.

The only people I have seen/heard talking about the green bags going away are people on Baseops.net freaking out about heritage and looking cool.

99.9% of it IS about looking cool. 

My CC told me today one of the A-10 guys who commands a non flying TRS isn't allowed to wear his bag per the GP/CC. I wonder if said individual just hates seeing people wear the bag or just suffers from Support Syndrome? I think it's a real condition guys.

I told my CC I see myself as a recruiter when I wear the bag. I found out what it took to become a pilot by identifying a pilot wearing his bag in Korea. He explained to me what I needed to do as a dumb 19 year old. #1 STFU

Edited by HarleyQuinn

On 10/22/2018 at 1:02 PM, SurelySerious said:

That’s what it looks like next to an inside out old bag. Pretty noticeably resembles a canadian tuxedo, but yeah, half wool, half nomex stuff  

53EC8172-F1C8-4173-8D3F-C78A299F9900.thumb.jpeg.c34e3959753ac1f84d75e38cf7eaba40.jpeg

It gets Jay Leno's approval thumb's up... 

6000853.jpg

• Upvote 1

99.9% of it IS about looking cool. 
My CC told me today one of the A-10 guys who commands a non flying TRS isn't allowed to wear his bag per the GP/CC. I wonder if said individual just hates seeing people wear the bag or just suffers from Support Syndrome? I think it's a real condition guys.

Apples and oranges.

Commanders wearing the ground support uniform of the members of their squadron is one thing.

“To hell with your A2CU!!! You’ll never take away my beloved flight suit you traitorous heritage thieves! You can pry my green bag from my cold dead hands!!!” Is an entirely separate issue.

I will add that I disagree that a group cc is mandating that the A-10 dude NEVER wear a bag. So much for letting him do what he sees fit to be a squadron commander.

To your point maybe the students or instructors of the TRS would benefit from seeing a pilot in his duty uniform once in a while as a reminder of mission focus, etc.
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Scooter14 said:

I will add that I disagree that a group cc is mandating that the A-10 dude NEVER wear a bag. So much for letting him do what he sees fit to be a squadron commander.

To your point maybe the students or instructors of the TRS would benefit from seeing a pilot in his duty uniform once in a while as a reminder of mission focus, etc.

Ironically, I threw that card at my CC. 

Maybe Maverick can save us in Top Gun 2 by bringing the love and respect back for the bag? That's until flight medicine perma DNIFs him before a high visibility mission for something asinine. Oh Mav, by the way, you're still red in PEX.

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Like 1

Ironically, I threw that card at my CC. 
Maybe Maverick can save us in Top Gun 2 by bringing the love and respect back for the bag? That's until flight medicine perma DNIFs him before a high visibility mission for something asinine. Oh Mav, by the way, you're still red in PEX.

PEX would never be reliable enough to catch this. PEX server on a boat yeah right. Can’t get it to work at ground based locations for longer than 24 hours without some kind of outage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk