It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

Don’t get me wrong I don’t hate bags or bag people, but we’ve got 99 climate culture problems and 1 piece vs 2 piece fixes none of them.

To you guys that want to make this your hill to die on, you’re missing the forest for the tree with this. The military regardless of branch needs you right now. More than you need it for that point. If your gonna piss capital away on which uniform you can look cooler wearing during your next voluntold 179, I can’t help you. I’m more worried about big problems than looking cool at location X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an Air Force aviator, I enjoy the heritage of my service and that includes being a bag wearer. Thanks for your input; and have fun shitting in the woods in your OCP’s
  • Upvote 6

As an Air Force aviator, I enjoy the heritage of my service and that includes being a bag wearer. Thanks for your input; and have fun shitting in the woods in your OCP’s

Wrong color helicopters.

6 hours ago, ImNotARobot said:

Ladies and their handbags. Honestly, who gives a shit?

I'd say pretty much everyone who wears one. If you have both hanging side by side, you're going to choose one, and you'll have a reason. If you "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" it every morning, it's not because you're so prepossessed with larger, more important AF issues (as if it matters what you think anyway) that you can't devote a single thought to it.

I love the bag and all the pictures in my office of me wearing it on the flightline while gazing distantly at the horizon, but I've never been more comfortable during a deployment than when wearing the 2 pc earlier this year.

Air Force culture and tradition is dead and buried and likewise, the flight suit should go with it.  

5 hours ago, torqued said:

I'd say pretty much everyone who wears one. If you have both hanging side by side, you're going to choose one, and you'll have a reason. If you "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" it every morning, it's not because you're so prepossessed with larger, more important AF issues (as if it matters what you think anyway) that you can't devote a single thought to it.

I love the bag and all the pictures in my office of me wearing it on the flightline while gazing distantly at the horizon, but I've never been more comfortable during a deployment than when wearing the 2 pc earlier this year.

Air Force culture and tradition is dead and buried and likewise, the flight suit should go with it.  

Well thank you for your service soldier

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Majestik Møøse said:

I’ll say this, in a room full of people, you used to be able to tell the difference between PJs, Army guys, intel guys, etc. Now you have to get closer to look at their patches and talk to them, ugh

In AFSOC at least we have had the option for 2-piece multicam flight suits for a long time. After working exercise plans for a little while, we ended up giving guys the gouge that on a CONUS exercise, it was smart to wear bags as the crew. When one of the team dudes comes into the planning room and wants to talk to the Air Force guys, the bags make it a lot clearer who that is.

Personally I see the upside to the 2-piece and have enjoyed the benefits of the Billy Badass combat shirts and quick access for times when ordnance needs to make an emergency egress while deployed.

That being said, they can take my green bags from my cold dead hands. Looking cool (and sounding cool on the radio) is at least 69% of the job of an aviator and I won’t have it any other way. If I wanted to join the Army I would have just eaten a few more crayons as a toddler 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In AFSOC at least we have had the option for 2-piece multicam flight suits for a long time. After working exercise plans for a little while, we ended up giving guys the gouge that on a CONUS exercise, it was smart to wear bags as the crew. When one of the team dudes comes into the planning room and wants to talk to the Air Force guys, the bags make it a lot clearer who that is. Personally I see the upside to the 2-piece and have enjoyed the benefits of the Billy Badass combat shirts and quick access for times when ordnance needs to make an emergency egress while deployed.

That being said, they can take my green bags from my cold dead hands. Looking cool (and sounding cool on the radio) is at least 69% of the job of an aviator and I won’t have it any other way. If I wanted to join the Army I would have just eaten a few more crayons as a toddler 

Glue...

Marines eat Crayons.

We ate glue.

And we don’t have any trouble telling who “the air force guys” are. Cmon guys it’s not like we can’t all pick each other out in a group with at least 3/5 accuracy. Hell I can about figure it out just by what watch when everybody is just wearing different colors of the same slack/polo combo.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, nsplayr said:

In AFSOC at least we have had the option for 2-piece multicam flight suits for a long time. After working exercise plans for a little while, we ended up giving guys the gouge that on a CONUS exercise, it was smart to wear bags as the crew. When one of the team dudes comes into the planning room and wants to talk to the Air Force guys, the bags make it a lot clearer who that is.

Personally I see the upside to the 2-piece and have enjoyed the benefits of the Billy Badass combat shirts and quick access for times when ordnance needs to make an emergency egress while deployed.

That being said, they can take my green bags from my cold dead hands. Looking cool (and sounding cool on the radio) is at least 69% of the job of an aviator and I won’t have it any other way. If I wanted to join the Army I would have just eaten a few more crayons as a toddler 😎

Unfortunately most the AFSOC squadrons have picked one or the other for home station wear, at least at Cannon. MCs, CVs, and 2/3 of RPA squadrons rock the 2 piece, AC-W, U-28s are bag only. The other  RPA squadron can wear whatever their heart desires.

Personally, I don’t see why we all can’t do that. God forbid we give pilots the choice to wear the uniform they prefer. I love the bag in fair weather/and if I didn’t eat Mexican the night before. 2 piece is great if I need to layer up for the cold or take a layer off for heat, or if I am expecting a emergency jettison at some point in the day.  

Lets be honest, what we all want is a two piece with a legacy flight suit top that transforms into dress blue wool pants on the bottom. Now you can look cool as f and prance a nice looking ass at the same time. Just sayin...

Edited by FLEA

Was there last month on an overnight. Old pile of rocks on some premium downtown real estate.
A forgettable experience. 1 star.

You should read 13 Days to Glory by Lon Tinkle. Those guys stayed there fully expecting to be relieved by a larger Texan force. When their situation became clear, they all chose to stay and fight to bleed the Mexican army and give the new government time. It’s one of my favorite stories from the Texas Revolution, right behind San Jacinto and the ass whooping that Sam Houston put on the Mexican army.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Having been in Hot, Africa Hot (realz Africa), the 2-piece is the bikini of uniforms.  

Back home, bag all the way. It was a defiance at one point in time (Blues Monday) and is my rebel uniform. Want to thow a subtle F.U. at the man, sport that verboten patch.  That and pull and zip and I'm off to work.

So, occasions dictate the clothes, wear accordingly.

Out

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, disgruntledemployee said:

F.U. at the man, sport that verboten patch.  

Speaking of those, where can a brother design/order some for his cyber operators? 

We got tab patches on the OCP, and it would be a shame to wear only authorized patches on it.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:42 AM, torqued said:

Was there last month on an overnight. Old pile of rocks on some premium downtown real estate.

A forgettable experience. 1 star.

I bet you were mainly disappointed that there wasn't a basement...

pee-wee-herman-promojpg.jpg

• Haha 1

Off topic, saw someone around Eglin wearing a flight suit that looked like it was made out of denim. Anyone seen this recently? I wasn’t able to ask or snap a picture. It looked really strange.