It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

11 minutes ago, Right Seat Driver said:

Are dudes seriously stopping you to make sure your crew matches? So glad the CSAF's statements on focusing on "multi-domain warfare" have reaches the masses...

Oh wait, I forgot. It is the war on Airman.

When I was checking into my ops squadron after my FAIP tour, I got chiefed in the hallway for having an AETC patch on my leather jacket and not an ACC one.  I said something to the effect of “Copy that, thanks” to the chief.  

She got butt hurt for me not apologizing about the patch and for not taking it off right away.  Another NCO came to me later that day and told me she was bothered by my reaction. I told him to tell her to come and talk to me if she has a problem, and I could not care less about the patch, and I’ll buy an ACC one as soon as the BX restocks them.  But I will be wearing my leather jacket in the mean time.  AETC patch and all.

She then went to the commander about me being an arrogant officer in need of correction.  Luckily, the commander didn’t give a shit.  But good hell. We make life so damn hard on ourselves.  I don’t think the AF can handle something as simple as multiple uniform options, because we have promoted and empowered the douchiest amongst us.

Zero chance we don’t fuck that up.

Edited by flyusaf83
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, flyusaf83 said:

When I was checking into my ops squadron after my FAIP tour, I got chiefed in the hallway for having an AETC patch on my leather jacket and not an ACC one.  I said something to the effect of “Copy that, thanks” to the chief.  

She got butt hurt for me not apologizing about the patch and for not taking it off right away.  Another NCO came to me later that day and told me she was bothered by my reaction. I told him to tell her to come and talk to me if she has a problem, and I could not care less about the patch, and I’ll buy an ACC one as soon as the BX restocks them.  But I will be wearing my leather jacket in the mean time.  AETC patch and all.

She then went to the commander about me being an arrogant officer in need of correction.  Luckily, the commander didn’t give a shit.  But good hell. We make life so damn hard on ourselves.  I don’t think the AF can handle something as simple as multiple uniform options, because we have promoted and empowered the douchiest amongst us.

Zero chance we don’t fuck that up.

And I’m sure that wonderful Chief in all her wisdom gave you a positive welcome to a new unit.  Kind of like the Chief downrange who stopped my treadmill for me while I was running to tell me to tuck in my shirt.  I was about to lose my shit when a fellow Major from the squadron intervened and told said Chief that if he pulls that shit again he will call SF on him.  It was like hell broke lose if someone was caught with their sleeves up in the 109* heat.

And I’m sure that wonderful Chief in all her wisdom gave you a positive welcome to a new unit.  Kind of like the Chief downrange who stopped my treadmill for me while I was running to tell me to tuck in my shirt.  I was about to lose my shit when a fellow Major from the squadron intervened and told said Chief that if he pulls that shit again he will call SF on him.  It was like hell broke lose if someone was caught with their sleeves up in the 109* heat.

Mother of God! I wanted to forget that time in my life. What a shit show and dude always had it out for a specific squadron.

1 hour ago, dream big said:

Got to love a ride or die major. I love FGOs who will take on the SNCOs.

SNCOs: We can't have alcohol at this venue.

Me sitting in for CC: We are having alcohol. 

CC later: Yes, there will be alcohol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B.L said:

Mother of God! I wanted to forget that time in my life. What a shit show and dude always had it out for a specific squadron.

Joint Base Balad, Iraq

SNCO: Sir, your mustache is out of regs.

Capt (F-16/Guard): And you're fat, which means you are out of regs as well.

Immense laughter erupts from gaggle of F-16 pilots.

Next day, everyone was required to shave their mustaches by the Gp/CC. 

Man..this story was epic.

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

Jointness/Army

That's how the Army spell "Joint":  "A.R.M.Y."

...although I've heard a grunt misspell "army" in a conversation before, no joke..."I am not in the air force, I'm in the army, 'A.M.R.Y.', where we do shit right!"...I smiled and walked away.

I will burn every OCP colored item I have in effigy if Big Blue ever again forces me to work for the Army.

Edited by FourFans130

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Joint Base Balad, Iraq

SNCO: Sir, your mustache is out of regs.

Capt (F-16/Guard): And you're fat, which means you are out of regs as well.

Immense laughter erupts from gaggle of F-16 pilots.

Next day, everyone was required to shave their mustaches by the Gp/CC. 

Man..this story was epic.

Wasn't there the same ruckus at KAF.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uhhello said:

Wasn't there the same ruckus at KAF.  

Was there last year, it was god awful. Chief got his panties in a wad because I wore my MASSIF jacket over my PT outfit to the gym at 7am, it probably 35 degrees out. Apparently the CENTCOM reg only authorized the GORTEX over the PT outfit. I’m a pilot, only brought my flight approved jacket, so I kept doing it. Apparently it turned into 6 hour meeting with the SNCOs debating the topic. Meanwhile they had huge influx of people coming the next week and no where to feed or house them. It’s no surprise how Fd we are, 6 hours because of one material jacket vs another. 

Why in the f did we even have to wear PT gear anyway? Chief said it’s becasuse we are “in a war zone”. some how the contractors were just fine wearing regular non reflective clothing to the gym. 

Oh and comm SSGT that thought I was a A1C and tried yelling at me for the untucked shirt while running, something about wartime and how great of a NCO he was being. It didn’t end well for him when I informed him I was a officer  

F*ck KAF 

Edited by viper154

. Apparently it turned into 6 hour meeting with the SNCOs debating the topic.

Congrats! We need to find more ways to keep Chiefs occupied with unimportant things like this where they can’t do any actual harm!

8 hours ago, viper154 said:

Was there last year, it was god awful. Chief got his panties in a wad because I wore my MASSIF jacket over my PT outfit to the gym at 7am, it probably 35 degrees out. Apparently the CENTCOM reg only authorized the GORTEX over the PT outfit. I’m a pilot, only brought my flight approved jacket, so I kept doing it. Apparently it turned into 6 hour meeting with the SNCOs debating the topic. Meanwhile they had huge influx of people coming the next week and no where to feed or house them. It’s no surprise how Fd we are, 6 hours because of one material jacket vs another. 

Why in the f did we even have to wear PT gear anyway? Chief said it’s becasuse we are “in a war zone”. some how the contractors were just fine wearing regular non reflective clothing to the gym. 

Oh and comm SSGT that thought I was a A1C and tried yelling at me for the untucked shirt while running, something about wartime and how great of a NCO he was being. It didn’t end well for him when I informed him I was a officer  

F*ck KAF 

I bet you showed him real good. 

On 8/8/2018 at 11:22 AM, ihtfp06 said:

Congrats! We need to find more ways to keep Chiefs occupied with unimportant things like this where they can’t do any actual harm!

Is that when you throw a fidget spinner in the room full of Chiefs? Watch what happens next.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

I thought the A2CU was Army Aircrew Combat Uniform. There’s not going to be any Airmen if this continues...

Allow me to break it down.

From the 1980s to about the mid 2000s...

Army aviators wore a green flight suit.

Air Force aviators wore a green flight suit.

Soldiers wore the woodland camouflage BDUs.

Airmen wore the woodland camouflage BDUs.

....and everything was ok.

Then we went through a shit storm of uniform changes and ended up with the disasters that were the ABU, ACU and I’ll even throw the Navy blue shipwreck in for good measure.

Now, starting on 1 Oct 2018

Army Aviators wear A2CUs.

Air Force aviators wear either green flight suits or A2CUs.

Soldiers will wear OCPs.

Airmen will wear OCPs.

....and everything will be OK.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

An Air National Guard release announced this week that the same Operational Camouflage Pattern uniform the Army dons will be available to wear for Air Force units around the world.

But one look at the for-whatever-reason-uncropped photo used in the release makes it look more like an announcement that airmen can now wear whatever the hell they want.  (LMAO! Who is writing these articles now? I love it.)

https://www.airforcetimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2018/08/10/this-photo-of-the-air-force-uniform-announcement-is-a-bundle-of-confusion/

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Edited by HarleyQuinn

• 1 month later...

Thread revival. 

OCP wear (ABU equivalent) can happen tomorrow per the guidance. I don't see where this includes the A2CU (2 piece flight suit). The AMC Sup says you can only wear it while performing flying duties or the sim and hasn't been updated to state that it can be worn all the time. Does anyone know of any different guidance?