It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

50 minutes ago, BADFNZ said:

WTF is the difference between the OCP and the A2CU?

Airmen and pilots operating downrange wear the Army Aircrew Combat Uniform, known as the A2CU, which has OCP-patterned fabric and the same fire-retardant properties as a flight suit. 

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/05/14/its-official-air-force-switching-armys-ocp-uniform.html

Edited by HarleyQuinn

9 hours ago, BADFNZ said:

WTF is the difference between the OCP and the A2CU?

OCP is the ground pounder variant without the flaps on the upper sleeves and elastic waist Velcro. The pants have a different pocket arrangement and are not blouses. Almost all of the closures are zippered. Finally I have not seen any A2CU in the Scorpion W2 pattern, only Multicam.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:08 AM, Breckey said:

OCP is the ground pounder variant without the flaps on the upper sleeves and elastic waist Velcro. The pants have a different pocket arrangement and are not blouses. Almost all of the closures are zippered. Finally I have not seen any A2CU in the Scorpion W2 pattern, only Multicam.

OCP is the pattern.

ACU is Airman Combat Uniform.

A2CU is Airman Aircrew Combat Uniform.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it really true that we are getting rid of the legendary flightsuit, which basically defines what the general public thinks when they think Air Force, in exchange for the OCP? (First of all, you'll have to rip them off my dead cold hands). Don't get me wrong I definitely think the OCP is an upgrade for the ABU, I'm not complaining about that at all....BUT for our FLIGHTSUIT, that's basically Air Force blasphemy. Unless you fly something with an ejection seat you have to wear that two piece "look like everyone else" crap. Get used to being called a solider I guess.... I know they deploy with them but are they really trying to completely swap it? I'm literally disgusted with you Air Force, I really hope I'm not alone on this. 

Rant over. 

35 minutes ago, KPPV1 said:

Is it really true that we are getting rid of the legendary flightsuit, which basically defines what the general public thinks when they think Air Force, in exchange for the OCP? (First of all, you'll have to rip them off my dead cold hands). Don't get me wrong I definitely think the OCP is an upgrade for the ABU, I'm not complaining about that at all....BUT for our FLIGHTSUIT, that's basically Air Force blasphemy. Unless you fly something with an ejection seat you have to wear that two piece "look like everyone else" crap. Get used to being called a solider I guess.... I know they deploy with them but are they really trying to completely swap it? I'm literally disgusted with you Air Force, I really hope I'm not alone on this. 

Rant over. 

Agreed.  I don't want to look like every other joe schmoe in the AOR.  I'll keep rocking the tans until I retire, before the mandatory wear date.   em.  

• Thanks 1

For me, the bag is one of the things I love about my job.  I’ll be pissed if the AF takes that too.  I’m not a shoe clerk or some Army dumbass.  I’m a pilot.  And I want to look like one, even if the AF riddles me with a bunch of nonner BS.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Reference "Star Wars":  it is set in the future.  And that future has flightsuits.  This shouldn't be too hard of a concept to grasp.

latest?cb=20091202142611

The flightsuit will never go away.

Much like the U-2.  

They can try all they want to kill it... but it just won't happen.  

Plus... chicks dig a 40 inch zipper.  

p.s. Don't get me started on the demise of deep v-neck T-shirts under the flight suit.  Crew neck T-shirts are for guys that eat too much soy and can't grow hair on their chest.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Reference "Star Wars":  it is set in the future.  And that future has flightsuits.  This shouldn't be too hard of a concept to grasp.
latest?cb=20091202142611
Much like the U-2.  

p.s. Don't get me started on the demise of deep v-neck T-shirts under the flight suit.  Crew neck T-shirts are for guys that eat too much soy and can't grow hair on their chest.  

Pretty sure the movies starts with “A long time ago...”. Flightsuits are soon to be extinct. Didn’t you get the memo that every job is equally important in the Air Force and we should all look identical?

It’s 101 degrees and 30 knot winds outside right now present location. I’m damn glad I’m able to take off my top. I also have an option to wear a sweet ass fire retardant combat shirt that breathes. The bag will always have a place in my heart, but I’m digging the improved QoL associated with the two-piece. I equate to loving a sport bike but sitting on a Harley for the first time. Trust me when I say you won’t look back. 

Also, for the ejection seat argument, how hard is it to get suspenders or some other tech solution to enable the swap? And don’t fast pants do most of the work retaining the bottom part of the garment anyway?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

Pretty sure the movies starts with “A long time ago...”. Flightsuits are soon to be extinct.

But it was in a galaxy far, far away, so the flightsuit is obviously the "universally" superior option.  Much like black boots were.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

latest?cb=20091202142611

Much like the U-2.  

Side note, Luke's gonna really injure his family jewels on opening shock if he doesn't tighten that harness.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, war007afa said:

Also, for the ejection seat argument, how hard is it to get suspenders or some other tech solution to enable the swap? And don’t fast pants do most of the work retaining the bottom part of the garment anyway?

F that. You can keep your 2 piece

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Side note, Luke's gonna really injure his family jewels on opening shock if he doesn't tighten that harness.

Every aircraft that Luke flies he crashes, he doesn't seem to need an ejection seat

1. Swamp
  2. Snow
  3. Speeders in the tree's